Tiki and PDF creation/display
This page still partially contains old deprecated information related to PDF creation and needs review. Torsten Fabricius
For the Tiki part of PDF configuration see also General Admin under the “General Settings tab” section.
You can choose at PDF from URL between:
- From Tiki16 download and install (even on shared hosting) the PHP library mPDF (see mPDF ).
- Using Qt Webkit with wkhtmltopdf
which needs to be downloaded separately from http://wkhtmltopdf.org/ and uploaded to the server where Tiki is. Since it is needed you have to check whether the PHP function shell_exec is allowed to be executed under tiki-admin_security.php.
wkhtml is a C library and needs full root access on the Linux server to be installed.
- Using some webservice on internet
For more information, see:
Or instead, you can use free software PDF printers, such as:
- CUPS-PDF under GNU/Linux or Mac/OSX (see in your list of packages available): http://www.physik.uni-wuerzburg.de/~vrbehr/cups-pdf/
- PDF Creator under MS Windows: http://sf.net/projects/pdfcreator/
With that PDF printer software, you can print a full structure of wiki pages (like a wiki book) to PDF. In addition, if you want to produce some nice table of contents for the paginated structure, you can do so easily by using a text editor such as Open Office. org. See the video tutorial in http://tiki.org/TikiWikiTV explaining the whole process.
You can also use PluginArchiveBuilder.
Since Tiki9, you have the option to print a slideshow directly in a PDF file. See: dompdf
To include a PDF in a page, see: PluginMediaPlayer
See also: Printing the Documentation
If you were looking for the pdf file that includes the whole All the Documentation, please see:
- Tiki19beta.pdf note: the pge seems to contain deprecated information
collection of references
wkhtmltopdf create PDFs from Tiki content (needs root installation)
mPDF create PDFs from Tiki content (advanced library that works even on shared hosting)
PluginMediaPlayer display PDF file from file gallery
dompdf used for pdf print of slideshows