This is deprecated and has some security issues. Please use Mathematical Calculation Tracker Field instead.
Computed Tracker Field
This field type allows you to compute a field function of other field of the item.
You use # for indicating fieldIds and +,*,/,- and parenthesis for operations.
For example, if you have a field with an Id of 3 which has a numeric quantity, and a field with an Id of 4 which has an item price, to multiply quantity and price: #3*#4
A file containing a little script to sync a computed field is attached to this page. This is useful when you add a new computed field on existing items for instance.
Since Tiki 15.0 (or 14.2, 12.5), you can indicate:
- Decimal Places:
Amount of decimals to preserve before rounding.
- Decimal separator when displaying data:
Single character. Use c for comma, d for dot or s for space. The valid decimal separator when inserting numbers may depend on site language and web browser. See documentation for more details.
- Thousand separator when displaying data
Single character, Use c for comma, d for dot or s for space. When inserting data no thousands separator is needed.
- While it can do calculations between dates, it can't give a negative value for days. So if you are measuring how many days ahead or late you are according to schedule, you can't have -6 days. Solution:
- Use Mathematical Calculation Tracker Field instead. Syntax: sub
- There was no way to round of values in Tiki versions prior to Tiki 15.0 (or 14.2, 12.5). So you could end up with a value like 5.71228448276 . solution:
- Upgrade to Tiki 15.0 (or 14.2, 12.5) at least, and use the provided extra option to indicate the number of decimal points that you need.
- Use Mathematical Calculation Tracker Field instead. Syntax: round