See also: Trackers, Quiz and Surveys. What is the difference between them?
- Quiz: Many questions. This is a test and you get points for getting the answer right.
- Surveys: Many questions. Can be open-ended or radio buttons, etc. We want to know what you think.
- Polls: One question radio buttons. We want to know what you think.
- Trackers: A powerful general purpose form (and database) building tool, with which you can build surveys.
- Use this page to configure the global settings for polls.
- To access
- Click the Polls icon
on the Admin Panel
- Polls ask a single question and allow users to select (or vote) for a single response. Alternatives to polls include:
- Surveys - can include multiple questions (polls only ask one).
- Quiz - is a survey with a fixed amount of time to answer it - can be used for online tests.
- Trackers is a more robust way to collect input from users and display collected results.
|Activate the Feature|
|Polls||Enable this option to active the Polls feature|
|Anonymous||If enabled, the Anonymous Group can vote in polls. Note: This can be overridden by specific permissions.|
|Allow re-voting||If enabled, visitors can vote mulitiple times for a poll. Tiki tracks users by username (when logged in) or IP address||Enabled|
|Comments for polls||If enabled, polls can have comments.|
|Show Categories||If enabled, Tiki displays the poll’s category, if applicable.|
|Multiple Polls per Object|
This content to be re-factored and moved to the Tiki User Guide.
Polls are a commonly used in community and news oriented sites to help reveal popular opinion or for decision making. For example, the Tikiwiki Community has always used polls to decide the titles of each Tiki Release since 1.0. Polls are only one way to ask questions to users.
Note: for version 2.2 (and possibly others) a poll template selected in the Wiki edit screen will only be saved to the database if the Categories feature is also enabled.
Tiki you can create as many polls as you want. zero to n polls in the Tiki pages. You can also have a set of several active polls and display only one poll in a page. In that case, Tiki will rotate through the set of polls. Users with the right permission can see poll results, examine old polls and vote in any poll that is not closed.
(Copy this template into any feature page and use as a format guide.)
A poll template is a poll used for Rating, such as to ask “Was this page helpful?”. The poll template can be added to a Wiki pages or a Tracker. The Category feature must be enabled.
The steps are:
- create a template poll
- create the poll option
- enable admin->wiki->rating
- when editing a page, give the poll to the field ‘Use rating’
And it will look like this in a wiki page