To check all the commits in this branch, see:
- Tiki12 was released on 2013-11-30 (a few weeks late)
- This is the last version that will support IE8
- It is a Long Term Support (LTS) version. It will be supported until 2018-11-30. (5 years). See version lifecycle
- Upgrading from Tiki9 LTS? See this page instead: Tiki12 from Tiki9
- 1. Activity Stream
- 2. Admin users
- 3. Admin wizard
- 4. Articles
- 5. Auto TOC
- 6. Blogs
- 7. Categories
- 8. File Gallery
- 9. Friendship Network
- 10. Inline editing
- 11. Layout Switching
- 12. Mail-in improved
- 13. Messages
- 14. Mobile
- 15. Modules
- 16. Monitoring
- 17. Performance
- 18. Plugins
- 19. Profiles
- 20. Ratings
- 21. Restore Database
- 22. Search Index statistics
- 23. Search all database tables tool
- 24. Smarty template engine
- 25. Switch user now has a way back
- 26. Syntax highlighter (Codemirror) upgraded
- 27. Trackers improved
- 28. Unified index
- 29. User Encryption
- 30. User wizard
- 31. Wiki Argument Variables
- 32. Windows Azure
- 33. Wizards
- 34. Zoombox for images
- ** Known Limitations **
- ** Upgrading**
1. Activity StreamIt allows to create social network activity streams within Tiki. In order to create them, you will need to define what the important events are in your system. Events like "tracker item created" or "wiki page modified" will rarely make sense to your users looking at an activity stream. Instead, they may be interested when photos posted by their friends. The activity stream feature allows to intercept system event, filter them and trigger new events. These new events can be recorded and indexed, which will allow them to be displayed in an activity stream.
See Activity Stream
2. Admin usersYou have many more filtering options to select users from the users list. You can filter by a search string in the username, by exact email, by the fact that users didn't validate their account, etc. All of them using the jQuery Sortable Tables feature.
3. Admin wizardSee #Admin_Wizard below
4. ArticlesLinks are shown at the top of the page, as in other tiki features, to add a new article or submission, or view/list articles, provided that the user has the permission to do that action.
5. Auto TOCAutomatic generation of Table of Contents (TOC) for all wiki pages. The page author doesn't have to do anything.
Auto TOC generates 2 tables of contents.
- a static TOC - Listed on the left, the top or on the right of the page. The TOC is inserted into the page content at runtime.
- a floating TOC - shown only when you scroll down past the top of the page. Includes a quick "Back to Top" link, in addition to the page TOC
See also: Auto TOC
6. BlogsPrivate blog post links are filtered from other users on adjacent blog navigation link.
7. CategoriesThere is a new preference so that the object count can be disabled on tiki-browse_categories for large sites (over 40 seconds to load on one example site for instance).
8. File GalleryelFinder was introduced in Tiki 10 as an optional feature, and it is intended to replace the previous file gallery manager in Tiki 12. It allows using a new more visual way to manage files and folders, with drag and drop features within the file galleries, and also from a local desktop and the tiki file gallery.
For more information, see File Gallery & elFinder
9. Friendship NetworkComplete re-implementation, removing the neglected mention on the feature. Changes include:
- Configurable relationship types
- Followers (like Twitter)
- Followers require approval
- Friends (like Facebook)
- Friend's Activity Stream on the Friendship Network page (requires some configuration)
- Friend List module can be used anywhere to manage friends or followers
- Internal: Functionality exposed as services to allow lightweight integration into other features
See Friendship Network
10. Inline editing
10.1. Wiki Inline editingEdit wiki pages inline, in a similar way to the feature Tracker inline edit that was added in Tiki11: Fix a typ-o in 3 seconds. Inline editing is a fast and highly user-friendly way to edit wiki pages in wysiwyg mode.
See Wiki Inline Editing
11. Layout Switching
12. Mail-in improvedMail-in service has been fixed and updated in Tiki12
The new things include
- Structure routing. Link mailed-in content to a structure. User filters specify routing rules.
- Inline images (HTML email). These pages are written in HTML.
- Permission checking and ability to block anonymous and admin users.
- Users are required to have both edit and attach permissions to save a wiki page
- Possible to auto-assign new pages to a category and a namespace
- Possible to disable email sending by Mail-in system.
- Manual email check trigger in the mail-in admin panel
- Several fixes, including subject encoding
The Mail-in service is a fast way to generate wiki pages, if the content is already on email or can be emailed.
For more information, see Mail-in
13. MessagesThere is a new option to allow truncating internal message notification to a certain number of characters (you can set it up in Admin home > Messages)
See Inter-User Messages
14. MobileMobile mode display has been extensively improved in Tiki12.
15.1. Module since_last_visit_new improvedSince Tiki 12.1, it also displays the new calendars and their events created since the last visit.
In addition, some icons have been slightly modififed in the JQuery presentation mode, so that they can distinguish similar but different content (blogs from blog posts, file galleries from files, tracker items created from updated, etc).
See an example below. Same content is shown in both displays of the module for the same site:
Using "Fold sections by default"
Using "jQuery presentation mode"
In this example, only 4 sections are unfolded: |
When you click on the section name, you toggle the display of its contents.
In this example, the Wiki tab is selected (shown with grey background), listing the 7 wiki pages changed. |
When you pass the mouse over another tab, its background is shown in blue color (in this case, the new calendar events icon, at the bottom right corner).
When you click, the content displayed below switches to the changed content for that other tiki section.
15.2. Module users_list portedFormer module users_list, only available in mods and for older tiki versions, has been ported to Tiki 12.1.
It displays a list of users with many optional parameters such as Real Name, avatar (picture), member of groups, and links to user page and action log of that user, among others.
See Module users_list
- Nagios/Icinga plugin for checking Tiki health parameters like corrct db version, last search index rebuild and APC memory usage
17. PerformanceStatistics added for Zend OpCache in the "Admin home > Performance" panel.
18. PluginsNew and/or Improved Plugins below.
18.1. Plugin ArticlesImproved Plugin. Shows a link at the bottom to facilitate adding a new article or submission if the user has permission to do so.
18.2. Plugin FancyTableImproved plugin. As usual you can sort by one or more columns, and nowadays you can also filter you results by searching for some string in one or more columns. In the example below, sorted by one column ("Percentage"), and filtered by content in another column ("Native name" containing "de"):
18.3. Plugin ImgImproved plugin. Image magnification has been added to plugin image. Full size image appears with zoom option in a "Colorbox" overlay when thumbnail is clicked.
18.4. Plugin Local FilesNew Plugin. Assist in showing links to files or directories on local drives or shared file servers.
Likely to only work fully on IE for Windows based intranets.
18.5. Plugin MediaPlayerImproved plugin. Media player plugin uses it's own mp3 and flv players.
18.6. Plugin SliderNew themes added in Tiki 12.1
18.7. Plugin TogetherNew Plugin to use the experimental service for your website from mozilla labs called TogetherJS, that makes it surprisingly easy to collaborate in real-time: notify unique urls, co-write, talk, follow pages visited by your buddies. TogetherJS is alpha-quality software. We do not recommend using it in production at this time, even if it looks promising as a Real Time Collaboration (RTC) tool. Formerly known as TowTruck.
See PluginTogether and the profile Together
18.8. Plugin TrackerListImproved plugin. You can define some parameters to use the new version of jquery sortable tables library, allowing you to produce tables that can be sorted and filtered on the fly by one or more columns, in a similar way to what can be achieved in #Plugin_FancyTable shown above.
In addition, you can display last comment author and date in the table, through a new option in the tracker edition > "Features > Allow comments > Display last comment author and date".
18.9. Plugin TrackerFilterWhen the param "sortable=y" is added and "jquery sortable tables" feature is enabled, the list of displayed results show a field on top which allows filtering in real time the results shown in the table, in a similar way to what can be achieved in #Plugin_FancyTable shown above.
18.10. Plugin WebDocViewerNew Plugin. It allow displaying many types of documents online, embedded in your Tiki pages.
Profiles have been improved to be more useful as a configuration management tool. Namely, profiles:
- can now be stored in the local filesystem as YAML files, allowing for version control along with the project changes without the need for an external repository. Among other things, this would allow Tiki's Featured Profiles? to be bundled with the source.
- can now be installed during the upgrade process as patches.
- allow exporting advanced rating configurations individually and as a complete set
- allow exporting and import RSS feed configurations along with article generators
- allow exporting articles, article types and article topics.
- allow exporting file gallery hierarchies
- allow exporting menus
- A set of commands are now available to export profiles.
- articles and blogs accept geolocation of their content from profiles.
Local Profiles consist of a single YAML file and an optional directory containing the references files.
This is part of: Configuration Management for Tiki Projects
19.1. Profiles wizardSee #Profiles_Wizard below
20.1. Option to toggle the detailed rating resultsSimple average of ratings has been added for Articles (Tiki 12.1), and a new setting has been added in "Admin home > Rating > User Interface" to toggle the display of the detailed results, as well as to whether include the explicit percentage or not.
20.2. Rating on Articles from PluginArticlesYou can rate an article directly from PluginArticles if the article shows the whole content in the heading, and nothing is left in the article body.
20.3. Rating LanguageAdvanced Rating language now permits to round values and concat.
20.4. Rating permission to view resultsThere is a new permission to grant groups of users to see the results: tiki_p_ratings_view_results
20.5. Show ratings in a forum thread listWhen you use rating in a forum (See Rating, you can display the rating results in the thread list for the first message of every thread (thread topic). If detailed results and rating smileys are both enabled, they are also included in the thread details.
21. Restore DatabaseFor development environments that need to replicate a production environment, new directives allow the installer to restore the database "Clean Install" from a database dump instead of the default Tiki database.
This feature allows site administrators to quickly replicate a site, test changes locally and return to the original state. Combined with profile development, this allows to test the site upgrade path.
Documentation is available in the bundled db/install.ini.dist file.
This is part of: Configuration Management for Tiki Projects
22. Search Index statisticsSearch Index statistics are added in command line interface, in a similar way to what is shown in the "Admin home > Search" panel, when using advanced search and rebuilding the unified search index.
23. Search all database tables toolIn the admin search panel, there is a new tool.
It enables a text search in all text columns in all tables.
24. Smarty template engineNew preference to allow addition of extra dirs to be used for custom icons etc., respected by the security checks.
25. Switch user now has a way backAs an administrator, after switching to a different user, returning to the login screen will propose to switch back to your own user, avoiding to re-login.
26. Syntax highlighter (Codemirror) upgradedThe syntax highlighter (CodeMirror) has been upgraded from 2.x to latest stable version (3.16). This brings new features such as right-to-left language support, smarty syntax mode, a many more.
27. Trackers improved
- Restored the ability to change tracker field type after creation
- Added the ability to detect and remove orphan files created through the tracker files field type
- Added an option to allow displaying just the user's items to the user through PluginTrackerList with the param view=user, even if no extra permissions are granted to this user's groups.
- You can display last comment author and date in the table column for comments, through a new option in the tracker edition > "Features > Allow comments > Display last comment author and date".
28. Unified indexSupport for MySQL Full Text Search and Elastic Search as engines has been introduced for unified index. These engines are complete alternatives to the Lucene (PHP Implementation). All user interface components and plugins (such as PluginList, PluginCustomSearch, ...) will keep working and the documentation available in Unified Index still applies.
ElasticSearch requires a server to be installed. It provides several benefits:
- Faster indexing
- Lower memory usage within PHP
- Faster searches
- Scalable across multiple machines if required
- Better result highlighting
MySQL Full Text Search doesn't require a server to be installed. It provides several benefits:
- Faster indexing
- Lower memory usage within PHP
- Easy configuration
See: Unified Index Comparison
29. User EncryptionUser encryption aims to a provide secure, personal storage of sensitive data, e.g. external usernames and passwords.
Planned for Tiki 12.2
User encryption is first implemented in the Tiki 13 trunk (the development branch), where it is currently being tested. It is planned to be included in the Tiki 12.2.
See User Encryption for more.
30. User wizardSee #User_Wizard below
31. Wiki Argument VariablesA few new wiki argument variables have been added in Tiki 12.1:
domain: doc.tiki.org domainslash: doc.tiki.org/ domainslash_if_multitiki: pageid: 4515
See Wiki Argument Variables
32. Windows Azure
- Read the environment variables for DB autoconfiguration on Azure
- Using a MySQL SSL connection
33. WizardsThis new feature facilitates tiki admins or normal users to set up their basic settings in a group of screens the show a reduced set of basic settings for them. The admin wizard is shown up by default to all new admins, while as of Tiki 12.0, the User Wizard needs to be launched in purpose, so far.
33.1. Admin WizardThe admin wizard shows up for tiki admins when they first log in, enabling them to easily configure the main features of Tiki without the need to navigate through all admin panels. It will allow the admin to easily choose among a few options of wiki editor (wysiwyg and in html or in wiki syntax), inline editing, etc.
See Admin Wizard
33.2. User WizardThis wizard will help users to fill in the main settings for their accounts in that website. Depending on the features enabled by the site admin, users will be offered more or less options.
See User Wizard
33.3. Profiles WizardThis wizard shows the admin some information about the most recommended profiles to apply, either to set up your site with a featured configuration template, add some useful extra configuration or show a demonstration of potentially interesting features for you, just with a few clicks.
See Profiles Wizard
34. Zoombox for imagesSee #Plugin_Img
** Known Limitations **
- Chosen picker doesn't work well with jQuery Mobile mode. See wish4671
- Line numbers in the syntax highlighter (codemirror) doesn't work well: plenty of space added between lines & text hidden. See wish4840
Blog posts containing HTMLBlog posts with content containing HTML may not display properly after upgrading - place the blog post content within PluginHTML to solve this issue. PluginHTML needs to be approved - if you are converting many blog posts go to tiki-plugins.php to approve in bulk.
local.phpIf you had defined in your former ./db/local.php something like
and after the upgrade you notice that you can't edit some pages, of weird characters are displayed in some rare places, you can try removing that line from your ./db/local.php .
Search IndexAfter the upgrade, the Unified Index may take longer to rebuild, at least the first time that you are with this new Tiki version. If the link "Rebuild index" at the "Admin search" panel doesn't produce a successful reindexing, you can do that on a terminal server side, while setting a higher amount of memory for the process, and forcing an initial clean-up of index leftovers.
Therefore, you could run something like:
root@server:/path/trunk# php -dmemory_limit=4G console.php i:r --force --log Removing leftovers... Started rebuilding index... Rebuilding index done
For multitiki sites, you can rebuild with commands like:
root@server:/path/trunk# php console.php index:rebuild --site=site1.example.com root@server:/path/trunk# php console.php index:rebuild --site=site2.example.com ...
More information: Unified Index
Syntax for short links invalidIn past Tiki versions such as Tiki9, wrong syntax to point in a url to a specific tab was accepted. Example:
In Tiki12, and probably in some version earlier also, the syntax needs to be like:
ThemesSome CSS changes were introduced for themes between 11.x and 12.x:
Site Logo & Site titlesThe former #sitelogo, #sitetitle and #sitesubtitle IDs have been changed to classes .sitelogo, .sitetitle and .sitesubtitle . Please make these changes in your theme CSS after upgrade if you formerly styled using any of those css selectors.
Strasa.css login background colorIf you were using strasa.css theme style, you might miss the background color of the login module in the header, getting white text font over white background temporarily.
Set up theme options to "cool", for instance, and the blue background of the login module will be back in your site.
Pages linking to Tiki1246 pages link to Tiki12
- Activity Stream
- Admin Wizard
- Auto TOC
- E-Democracy system
- Export Profiles
- Files Tracker Field
- Local Profiles
- Maps General information
- Module users_list
- MySQL SSL
- Natural Language Processing
- Profiles Wizard
- Rating Tracker Field
- Shopping Cart
- Tracker Field Validation
- Unified Index Comparison
- User Encryption
- Wiki Inline Editing
- 엘파인더 (elFinder?)
AliasTiki12.0 | TikiWiki12 | TikiWiki12.0 | TikiWiki 12.0 | TikiWiki 12 | Tiki 12 | Tiki 12.0 | Tiki12LTS | Tiki12 LTS | Tiki 12 LTS