deprecated and killed
In Tiki 7 we started to move from GoogleMaps (GMap) to OpenStreetMaps, respectively OpenLayers, which offers a GoogleMap layer. Latest since Tiki 13 we are using only OpenLayer (OpenStreetMap) and step b step remove(d) ll code from old MaServer and GMap.
Please visit the following pages, if you want to use Maps in Tiki:
OpenLayers, Maps, PluginMaps
Please mind: This page stays here only for historic reasons and to guide to Tiki's OpenLayers page
Google Map feature
Tiki has more than one map feature, Tiki map (with Mapserver) can handle a huge number (5000+) of objects, Gmap provides the convenience of having Google maintain your mapserver. This implementation uses v2 of the google map API, documented on http://www.google.com/apis/maps/documentation/reference.html
What it doesThe googlemap can
- provide a display of a map with a set location.
- store geolocations from user input
- show where all the site's users are on the map
- search and categorize geolocations.
- add geolocation and display a map as a Google Maps tracker field
- Mod GMap is available at mods.tiki.org, which adds functionality to use GMap to pair wiki pages with mapped locations.
Quick Guide to Setup GMap
- requires at least Tiki 1.9.4
- request a google key on http://www.google.com/apis/maps/signup.html
- enable google map in features admin panel tiki-admin.php?page=features
- add googlemap key to /tiki-admin.php?page=gmap (and only key) and save
- when key is added that page presents a map so you can setup default center and zoom level
- the link to googlemap locator is now added in user preferences page
- admin can setup and change location for any user from adminuser page
- add a link to /tiki-gmap_usermap.php in your navigation
- use PluginGoogleMap to insert googlemaps within wiki pages and to geocode specific wiki pages
- tiki-gmap_usermap.php and templates/tiki-gmap_usermap.tpl
- check http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8056461464933652343&q=dennis+daniels for some live experience