It is a Standard Term Support (STS) version and will be supported until Tiki 20.1 is released, as per the Tiki lifecyle policy
Tiki 19.x will require at least PHP 7.1 version.
- Moved from old no-longer supported fork fullcalendar-resourceviews to latest and greatest official FullCalendar, and Scheduler (GPL) available via Packages -> https://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/66298
SmartMenus system, which also permits "Mega Menus".
Mozilla's PDF.js, and installable via Packages -> PDF.js viewer
- Jquery.s5 based tiki-slideshow.php replaced with more advanced Reveal.js library
Use case: when a Tiki instance has a combined use case of a public website and a restricted Intranet, it's nice to have
- https://tiki.org/forumthread66854 has been addressed (commit ID?)
- PluginXMPP permits to embed an XMPP chatroom in a wiki page
jQuery.s5 is no longer updated, so it was replaced by the Reveal.js library (which is pretty awesome!)
Mods are completely obsolete. All mods-related code has been removed from Tiki. Details: https://tiki.org/forumthread67983-About-Tiki-Packages-in-Tiki-18-0-LTS-and-why-I-support-this-project-And-mods-tiki-org-can-now-be-scheduled-for-retirement
- This never worked, and was duplicating another feature. One of Tiki's strengths is that we converge all energies on a common functionality. This experiment had some interesting aspects but it was not viable. All the details here: https://tiki.org/forumthread67333
ViewerJS, which includes WebODF, will no longer be supported because no significant work has been done since 2015
PDF viewing will now be done with PDF.js viewer instead