Tiki 19.0 was released in November 2018.
Tiki 19.x will require at least PHP version 7.1 It is possible (50% chance) that Tiki20 or Tiki21LTS will require PHP 7.2, so don't upgrade to Tiki 19 unless you can get that version now or later.
Tiki 19 will require at least MySQL version 5.5.3 (support for utf8mb4 encoding added).
Add warning message in admin control panel when Tiki detects vendor folder issues: http://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/66408
Top quick admin bar and sticky floating apply buttons for admin forms. Detail at Tiki19 Admin Enhancements
This is the most far reaching upgrade in Tiki19: Moved from Bootstrap 3 to 4.
As Tiki transitions from Bootstrap 3 to 4, support for Internet Explorer 8 and 9 is being dropped. Internet Explorer 10 also stops being fully supported officially, but it should mostly work.
Moved from old no-longer supported fork fullcalendar-resourceviews to latest and greatest official FullCalendar, and Scheduler (GPL) available via Packages -> https://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/66298
Also using Bootstrap 4!
Added support for Elasticsearch 6.x while maintaining support for 2.x and 5.x see Elasticsearch requirements.
Add email threading capabilities for tiki email notifications in Forums and Blog Post comments: http://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/65982
Better URLs: http://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/66574
Some improvements were added to H5P. For instance, the ability to directly fetch presentations from the remote H5Phub site:
Add preference to convert tiki instance absolute URLs with relative URLs in content: URL conversion from absolute to relative
- Replace PEAR Net_LDAP2 (no longer maintained) with Zend\Ldap: http://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/66965
Remove the CSS menu (suckerfish/superfish) menu type, and enhance Bootstrap menus with the SmartMenus system, which offers most suckerfish features and also permits "Mega Menus" (enhancement as an admin option) - http://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/66963 .
See Minify CSS
Admins can now easily change the site logo by hovering over it, clicking the icon that appears and uploading a new logo directly to file gallery.
To perform a search by choosing from multiple search engines.
Top Admin Bar works on the top position and gives a mini control panel to Tiki Admins.
- Add option to display the admin panel in different language, also backported to Tiki18
- Enable translation of preferences. Active for browsertitle, metatag_keywords, metatag_description, also backported to Tiki18
Improvements in wikiplugin_subscribenewsletter on layout and mandatory fields: http://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/66573
1.20.1. Add new console command to generate/warmup caches, and in TRIM as well
For PDF viewing, we will start using code directly from Mozilla's PDF.js, and installable via Packages -> PDF.js viewer
- parent/child functionality and tests for: files/file galleries, posts/blogs, threads/forums, events/calendars, articles/topics. It also adds the necessary tests for this functionality.
- tracker item permission links, so users can set up permissions on individual tracker items
- extended permission page to show if the permissions you view are global, category based, parent object based or direct. New thing here is parent object permissions - so if you view a child objects permissions and are actually looking at parent's object, it says so and offers a link to go and edit the parent object's permissions (i.e. tracker ones) directly.
Now, almost all of this work will be useless unless we offer Tiki users a way to manage permissions on the child level. I think that's the purpose of this task, right? I mean, up to now, there was no way of setting tracker item individual permissions, blog posts individual permissions, article individual permissions, calendar items individual permissions and so on. There is no such UI. We also don't have ability to set up individual file permissions but all file-related permissions work on the file gallery. This commit makes it possible to use parent-level permissions for all these entities but we still don't have UI to set those permissions. Furthermore, there are numerous places in Tiki where permissions are enforced and they all work on the parent-level - i.e. checking if a file could be downloaded actually checks if you have download permission on the file gallery file resides in. I plan to change this the following way:
- anywhere a child permission is needed, it is checked first and then the parent one is used (e.g. download a file, view a blog post, edit an article, etc.)
- anywhere a parent permission is needed, it is still checked on the parent level (e.g. upload a file in a gallery, add a blog post, etc.)
- add Permission links to all Wrench icon/settings menu items for all the child entries - i.e. allow users to edit individual blog post, file, article, forum thread or calendar event permissions.
At tiki-objectpermissions.php it is now possible to order the Permissions by modifying the way you want the tiki-objectpermissions_order.yml file.
You can edit db/config/tiki-objectpermissions_order.yml and move the permission in the order you prefer.
This is reserved for power users for now but it may soon help to improve Tiki UX by "better" organising the permissions or an option for several set distributed with the release.
http://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/66243 (backported to 18.x)
- Add a new scheduler tasks to notify admins of Tiki updates
- Supports profiles
- http://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/66254 (backported to 18.x)
- http://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/66255 (backported to 18.x)
- Jquery.s5 based tiki-slideshow.php replaced with more advanced Reveal.js library
- PDF export is done via mPDF
- antibot captcha
Google Analytics and
Piwik Matomo Analytics: Added a way to include or exclude groups.
Use case: when a Tiki instance has a combined use case of a public website and a restricted Intranet, it's nice to have
Piwik Matomo and / or Google Analytics for anonymous visitors to see most popular pages, time on site, etc. But for logged in users, it's not so interesting and it skews the stats.
Converted from Bootstrap 3 to 4
"Style Guide Tool" renamed to "Theme Customizer" and converted to Bootstrap 4
The Tikipedia theme was added to the package following user requests. It was evaluated that there is no license incompatibility issue.
The code of the FiveAliveHS ("Happy Scroll") that was added earlier replaced the FiveAlive theme code, so in effect the FiveAlive theme was revamped. The two-color site header background style is now implemented as child theme options. Alternative child themes for each color have solid-color (gradient) backgrounds for easier handling of color contrast between the site logo/title color and background.
Several themes were removed from the package because of dated or quirky appearance or close similarity to other themes. These themes may be provided as aftermarket installs on request.
- Currency Amount Tracker Field now supports multi-currency and exchange rates.
http://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/66325 (also backported to 18.x)
This feature can be enabled per tracker and permits to add a comment when saving an edit for a tracker item.
See Save and Comment
- https://tiki.org/forumthread66854 has been addressed in https://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/67620
Display "Error" (warning) alert on wiki pages with duplicate alias wiki links (e.g.
(alias(FooBar))). When the same alias is used in 2 or more wiki pages, links using that alias do not work properly.
New or enhanced.
Enhanced. See Button. You can now display an icon without label (text).
New. It allows to produce and easily edit Gantt chart diagrams based on data in a tracker.
New. Enables page layout configuration such as removing the page footer, having full-width page section backgrounds, etc. Useful for making a splash page that looks radically different from the other site pages.
The plugin Multilike as two new parameter to change the icon used (selected and non-selected) for the plugin.
Enhanced. Added PluginActivityStream as a data source.
Enhanced. Part of 1.9 above.
New. Advanced plugin to add a slide in a slideshow with different background colors, background video, transition and other settings.
New. A carousel/rotator/slideshow that supports images and other content. Basically a replacement for other similar plugins that are no longer supported or are less advanced.
Enhanced. Some usability improvements have been made to facilitate new users to join the edition of a page currently being editted by another user which started the collaborative session.
Refactored to use an updated library.
New. Enables embedding an XMPP chatroom in a wiki page.
Specific upgrade notes regarding using this Tiki version compared to using the previous one Tiki18.
Note Tiki 19.x uses utf8mb4 storage and there is an upgrade script built in which will do this automatically for you when the database it updated. However if, for some reason, your database (as opposed ot the tables within it) is set to use utf8mb4 already, many of the old upgrade patches will fail. To avoid this make sure the database is set to use utf8 only.
See also the generic information about Upgrades
- Most dependencies were upgraded to latest version: Composer. Some notable ones:
- Smarty was upgraded. We had been stuck on v3.1.21 for a long time due to template inheritance issues, but the current release is v3.1.32 and we need this for php7.1+ support: done in https://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/66842/
- mPDF 7.1
http://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/65966 (also backported to 18.x)
This experiment never got to viability
As of Tiki 19, Mods are completely obsolete. All mods-related code has been removed from Tiki. Details: https://tiki.org/forumthread67983-About-Tiki-Packages-in-Tiki-18-0-LTS-and-why-I-support-this-project-And-mods-tiki-org-can-now-be-scheduled-for-retirement
- This never worked, and was duplicating another feature. One of Tiki's strengths is that we converge all energies on a common functionality. This experiment had some interesting aspects but it was not viable. All the details here: https://tiki.org/forumthread67333
PDF viewing will now be done with PDF.js viewer instead
- PluginXMPP replaces it
Was part of the Report System described above.
In the Look and Feel admin options, two layout templates ("Wider side columns" and "Fixed top navbar 1") were removed because they were very similar to other layout templates.
Mail notifications when wiki pages are edited are mostly broken in Tiki 19.0.(fixed for 19.1)
- Bootstrap Tour broken, needs library update. See item6677
- LDAP authentication to the AD is broken in Tiki 19. See https://dev.tiki.org/item7050-LDAP-authentication-to-AD-broken
See also: https://dev.tiki.org/Tiki19
53 pages link to Tiki19
- All Preferences
- Currency Amount Tracker Field
- Minify CSS
- Module last_youtube_playlist_videos
- Module permissions
- Path structure
- PDF.js viewer
- Permission Enforcement Order
- PluginList filter control block
- PluginList sort control block
- PluginTrackerList To PluginList Converter
- Save and Comment
- Slider Comparison
- Theme Customizer
- Tiki19 Admin Enhancements
- Top Admin Bar
- Understanding Encoding
- URL conversion from absolute to relative
- URL shortener
Alias names for this page: