It is a Standard Term Support (STS) version and will be supported until Tiki 20.1 is released, as per the Tiki lifecycle policy
Tiki 19 will require at least MySQL version 5.5.3 (support for utf8mb4 encoding added).
- 1. New Features and Improvements
- 1.1. Admin panel
- 1.2. Bootstrap
- 1.3. Browser compatibility
- 1.4. Calendar
- 1.5. Elasticsearch
- 1.6. Email threading
- 1.7. Federation
- 1.8. Forums
- 1.9. File previews
- 1.10. Gantt charts
- 1.11. Links
- 1.12. LDAP / Active Directory support
- 1.13. MediaWiki importer
- 1.14. Menu revamp
- 1.15. Minification
- 1.16. Multilingual
- 1.17. Newsletter
- 1.18. Performance
- 1.19. PDF.js
- 1.20. Permissions
- 1.21. Profiles
- 1.22. Scheduler
- 1.23. Share
- 1.24. Slideshow revamped
- 1.25. Spam protection improvements
- 1.26. Stats
- 1.27. Themes
- 1.28. Trackers
- 1.29. URL Shortener
- 1.30. URL conversion from absolute to relative
- 1.31. utf8mb4
- 1.32. Wiki Plugins
- 1.32.1. Plugin Button
- 1.32.2. Plugin Diagram
- 1.32.3. Plugin Gantt Chart
- 1.32.4. Plugin Layout
- 1.32.5. Plugin Multilike
- 1.32.6. Plugin PivotTable
- 1.32.7. Plugin Slideshow
- 1.32.8. Plugin SlideshowSlide
- 1.32.9. Plugin Swiper
- 1.32.10. Plugin Together
- 1.32.11. Plugin Tracker Calendar
- 1.32.12. Plugin XMPP
- 1.33. Modules
- 1.34. XMPP
- 2. Upgrade
- 3. Dependencies
- 4. Cleanups
- 5. Removals
Top quick admin bar and sticky floating apply buttons for admin forms. Detail at Tiki19 Admin Enhancements
old no-longer supported fork fullcalendar-resourceviews to latest and greatest official FullCalendar, and Scheduler (GPL) available via Packages -> https://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/66298
Also using Bootstrap 4!
- Replace PEAR Net_LDAP2 (no longer maintained) with Zend\Ldap: http://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/66965
SmartMenus system, which offers most suckerfish features and also permits "Mega Menus" (enhancement as an admin option) - http://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/66963 .
See Minify CSS
- Add option to display the admin panel in different language, also backported to Tiki18
- Enable translation of preferences. Active for browsertitle, metatag_keywords, metatag_description, also backported to Tiki18
TRIM as well
Mozilla's PDF.js, and installable via Packages -> PDF.js viewer
This section needs cleanup.
- parent/child functionality and tests for: files/file galleries, posts/blogs, threads/forums, events/calendars, articles/topics. It also adds the necessary tests for this functionality.
- tracker item permission links, so users can set up permissions on individual tracker items
- extended permission page to show if the permissions you view are global, category based, parent object based or direct. New thing here is parent object permissions - so if you view a child objects permissions and are actually looking at parent's object, it says so and offers a link to go and edit the parent object's permissions (i.e. tracker ones) directly.
Now, almost all of this work will be useless unless we offer Tiki users a way to manage permissions on the child level. I think that's the purpose of this task, right? I mean, up to now, there was no way of setting tracker item individual permissions, blog posts individual permissions, article individual permissions, calendar items individual permissions and so on. There is no such UI. We also don't have ability to set up individual file permissions but all file-related permissions work on the file gallery. This commit makes it possible to use parent-level permissions for all these entities but we still don't have UI to set those permissions. Furthermore, there are numerous places in Tiki where permissions are enforced and they all work on the parent-level - i.e. checking if a file could be downloaded actually checks if you have download permission on the file gallery file resides in. I plan to change this the following way:
- anywhere a child permission is needed, it is checked first and then the parent one is used (e.g. download a file, view a blog post, edit an article, etc.)
- anywhere a parent permission is needed, it is still checked on the parent level (e.g. upload a file in a gallery, add a blog post, etc.)
- add Permission links to all Wrench icon/settings menu items for all the child entries - i.e. allow users to edit individual blog post, file, article, forum thread or calendar event permissions.
Permissions by modifying the way you want the tiki-objectpermissions_order.yml file.
You can edit db/config/tiki-objectpermissions_order.yml and move the permission in the order you prefer.
This is reserved for power users for now but it may soon help to improve Tiki UX by "better" organising the permissions or an option for several set distributed with the release.
http://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/66243 (backported to 18.x)
- Add a new scheduler tasks to notify admins of Tiki updates
- Supports profiles
- http://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/66254 (backported to 18.x)
- http://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/66255 (backported to 18.x)
- Jquery.s5 based tiki-slideshow.php replaced with more advanced Reveal.js library
- PDF export is done via mPDF
- antibot captcha
Use case: when a Tiki instance has a combined use case of a public website and a restricted Intranet, it's nice to have
The Tikipedia theme was added to the package following user requests. It was evaluated that there is no license incompatibility issue.
- Currency Amount Tracker Field now supports multi-currency and exchange rates.
http://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/66325 (also backported to 18.x)
See Save and Comment
URL conversion from absolute to relative
- https://tiki.org/forumthread66854 has been addressed in https://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/67620
Button. You can now display an icon without label (text).
See Multilike and PluginMultilike
Activity stream as a data source.
Top Admin Bar works on the top position and gives a mini control panel to Tiki Admins.
Converse 4.x which now uses Bootstrap 4 like Tiki, and thus, it will be easier to provide a consistent user experience. See also PluginXMPP
Note Tiki 19.x uses utf8mb4 storage and there is an upgrade script built in which will do this automatically for you when the database it updated. However if, for some reason, your database (as opposed ot the tables within it) is set to use utf8mb4 already, many of the old upgrade patches will fail. To avoid this make sure the database is set to use utf8 only.
See also the generic information about Upgrades
- Most dependencies were upgraded to latest version: Composer. Some notable ones:
- Smarty was upgraded. We had been stuck on v3.1.21 for a long time due to template inheritance issues, but the current release is v3.1.32 and we need this for php7.1+ support: done in https://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/66842/
- mPDF 7.1
http://sourceforge.net/p/tikiwiki/code/65966 (also bakported to 18.x)
jQuery.s5 is no longer updated, so it was replaced by the Reveal.js library (which is pretty awesome!)
Mods are completely obsolete. All mods-related code has been removed from Tiki. Details: https://tiki.org/forumthread67983-About-Tiki-Packages-in-Tiki-18-0-LTS-and-why-I-support-this-project-And-mods-tiki-org-can-now-be-scheduled-for-retirement
- This never worked, and was duplicating another feature. One of Tiki's strengths is that we converge all energies on a common functionality. This experiment had some interesting aspects but it was not viable. All the details here: https://tiki.org/forumthread67333
ViewerJS, which includes WebODF, will no longer be supported because no significant work has been done since 2015
PDF viewing will now be done with PDF.js viewer instead
- PluginXMPP replaces it
35 pages link to Tiki19
- Currency Amount Tracker Field
- Minify CSS
- Module permissions
- Path structure
- PDF.js viewer
- PluginList filter control block
- Save and Comment
- Slider Comparison
- Theme Customizer
- Tiki19 Admin Enhancements
- Top Admin Bar
- Understanding Encoding
- URL conversion from absolute to relative
- URL shortener
Alias names for this page: