Once entered, contribution types are color coded, and can be viewed in summary graphs, the action log and in the revision history.
Features 'Contribution (types)' vs. 'Contributions by Author'
Keep in mind that this feature can be used in parallel to the Contributions by Author, since they both cover fetching data from the authors contributions:
- Contributions by Author works on a page per page basis, showing which piece of text was written by whom, for any page version that you are viewing.
- Contribution allows each user to indicate the type of contribution performed in each wiki page, comments, sheets, blogs, .... And by means of the Action log feature, an editor can see a report on a collection of pages (which can be filtered/grouped by categories, selection of multiple users, groups of users, and time periods), showing not only the amount of text added or deleted for each user or group of users, but also the types of contributions, as tagged by users (students) and corrected (if needed) by editors (teachers)
- Contribution (types)
- Enabling the feature
- Report contributions in tables
- Reporting contributions in graphs
- Contributor feature
feature from the Features Admin page (Admin -> Features -> Global Features -> Contribution) at yourURL/tiki-admin.php?page=features
Scope: this feature affects Blog, Wiki, Comments, Spreadsheet, or forums.
Edit Comment (which it compliments in wiki), Wiki Page Staging and Approval (an approval mechanism), and MyAccount (tracking user contributions and todos). Contributions by Author
May also be useful for workgroups and project management.
- support requests
- questions that allow new evolution on an electronic discussion/dialogue
- new hypothesis
- new information
- issues related to organization in the team of work
and after posting:
The byte count in action log report does not take into account the lines starting by “> ” or included by QUOTE tags (previous message).
Example on Wiki page history:
action log feature can display them.
There is also a table reporting the evolution in time (weeks or days) of contributions:
Additions are shown in green background, deletions in pink, and the difference is shown without any special background color. Units are either bytes or kb, specified previously through the reporting filters described in Action log page, as well as start and end date, and if columns are days or weeks.
The main goal of reporting them is showing students in tutorship sessions what the log of their activity respect to the average of their class, for instance, as a simple way to enable students self-regulate their effort investment in the learning process of that activity/subject/course, etc. Many other uses can be achieved with that information, and it is not intended to be the only way to “grade” students activity but to enhance broad information to tutors about students activity to improve feedback to student along the learning activity process, and not only as grading information at the end.
Action log feature will allow displaying the summaries of contribution by types along time also in graphs. The graphs are produced in better quality when jpgraph library is installed in you Tiki (see Mod jpgraph for more details). You can also download the library in lib/jpgraph.
Nota: the preference feature_jpgraph must be manually turn in in the database adn you must clear the cache after.
insert into tiki_preferences (name, value)values('feature_jpgraph', 'y');
These are the type of graphs produced (examples produced having jpgraph lib installed on the site)
Action log will reflect that contribution also.
Note that there is a setting to allow users to see user’s contributions (within a user activity log) at Admin -> Login (“Displays user’s contribution in the user information page:”). If enabled, a user will be able to see other user’s activity log, including his/her contributions on the report.
- Kolb. D. A. and Fry, R. (1975)
- Toward an applied theory of experiential learning. in C. Cooper (ed.) Theories of Group Process, London: John Wiley.
- De Pedro, X. (2006)
- â€œEstimulación y evaluación del aprendizaje ‘experiencial-reflexivo’ del alumnado mediante la formulación explícita del tipo de contribucionesâ€. Workgroup on ))Experiential-Reflective(( Learning, at the Institute of Sciences of Education, University of Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain. 100 pp. (pdf: http://gclub.ub.es/dl55)
- De Pedro, X. (2007)
- â€œNew method using Wikis and forums to evaluate individual contributions in cooperative work while promoting experiential learning: results from preliminary experience”. Communication Submitted to to WikiSym2007 (http://www.wikisym.org/ws2007): 2007 International Symposium on Wikis. Wikis at Work in the World: Open, Organic, Participatory Media for the 21st Century. October 21-23, 2007, Montréal, Canada. (Pdf: here)
aliasesContributions | ContributionTypes | Contribution Types