Tiki comes with several Themes - these themes, which are otherwise known as “skins” or “templates” or “styles” in other software, control the visual appearance of the Tiki site but not the choices of what information goes where - which is driven by the features, configuration, and modules chosen for the site.
- Site default theme: - set this by going to Admin Home > Look & Feel, selecting the theme and clicking “Apply”.
- User theme: - users can be given permission to override the default theme by activating Reg users can change theme at Admin Home > Look & Feel. Once activated users can change their theme in their Preferences page under My Tiki menu.
- Switch theme module: - Under Module you can also activate the module switch_theme which makes it super easy for users to change themes through a module in the left or right menu bars.
Tiki theme gallery (for Tiki versions prior to 2.0) and in the mods.tw.o repository (files linked to from http://themes.tiki.org/tiki-directory_browse.php?parent=12 for Tiki 2.0 and newer).
Instructions on how to upload a new theme to your Tiki site can be found on the external page http://themes.tiki.org/How+To+Add+a+New+Theme. After you have downloaded a theme from the Tiki themes site and then uploaded it to your own site, you must activate it. You do this as you would with a bundled theme. See the page on Selecting a theme.
Theme Control is all about how to assign themes to a
- individual object (i.e. an individual Wiki page, Blog, Gallery, etc.)
For instance, to set the theme for objects in certain categories, if you are logged on as admin:
- Make sure that Theme Control is enabled
- Go to Admin -> Features
- Go to Admin -> Look & Feel in v.4
- Make sure the Theme Control is checked.
- Go to Admin -> Features
- Select the theme
- Go to Admin -> Theme Control
- For the Category picklist choose Default Category (so that the theme will apply to all pages on your site).
- For the Theme picklist, select a particular theme.
- Click on the Assign button.
- Note: You have to refresh the page to see the new theme take effect.
- Themes.tiki.org is the place for demonstrating and distributing Tiki themes. This is a Tiki community site, and all members are welcome to submit their creations. This will also be the place for sharing ideas, getting help, and finding tutorials and other resources related to Tiki themes.
- Web view of Subversion repository for mods/themes: http://tikiwiki.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/tikiwiki/mods/trunk/themes/
- Other themes being developed: http://zukakakina.com
- Customizing Themes - and introduction for theme designers