Please see very important Release Notes for more information. Please also see the article about 2.0 release
changelog with the 6894 commits (code changes). Below is the executive summary. If you feel there is something missing, please update it. It’s a wiki!
Table of contents
- What’s new in TikiWiki 2.0
- A quick introduction video to version 2.0
- Full list of changes
- New & improved features
- 1.1.1. Accessibility
- 1.1.2. Action log
- 1.1.3. Admin improvements
- 1.1.4. Ajax & Flash enhancements
- 1.1.5. Authentication
- 1.1.6. Banners
- 1.1.7. Calendar
- 1.1.8. Category
- 1.1.9. Contacts (in MyTiki)
- 1.1.10. Contribution
- 1.1.11. Copyright management
- 1.1.12. File Galleries
- 1.1.13. Free tags
- 1.1.14. Forums
- 1.1.15. Fullscreen mode
- 1.1.16. Image Galleries
- 1.1.17. Menus
- 1.1.18. Microformats
- 1.1.19. Modules
- 1.1.20. Multimedia support
- 1.1.21. Newsletters
- 1.1.22. Notepad enhanced
- 1.1.23. PDF generation
- 1.1.24. Protect email against spam
- 1.1.25. Section Edit (in wiki)
- 1.1.26. Shoutbox enhanced
- 1.1.27. Tell a Friend
- 1.1.28. Tests
- 1.1.29. Time Zone handling
- 1.1.30. Translation
- 1.1.31. Trackers significantly enhanced
- 1.1.32. Wiki Auto Save a Draft
- 1.1.33. Wiki page permissions
- 1.1.34. Wiki Page Staging and Approval
- 1.1.35. Universal Wiki edit button
- 1.1.36. Wysiwyg in Wiki pages
- Known issues
- Version 3.0
- HTML Purifier (Content is cleaned to XHTML 1.1 Strict on each save)
Logs allows an admin or any user with the necessary permission granted to view reports of actions made by him/herself or by other users of the same site.
- Admin interface, with nicer icons
- Site identity, with more option
Admin show the release of tikiwiki
Menu up and down arrow
One click for multi check in many pages
Reminder ask user name or address now
Ajax So far, asynchronous Wiki edit page display and submit, and ))MyTiki(( info and preferences display (information displayed in context without total page refresh being necessary).
Mootools Activating Mootools loads mootools.js in HTML head. Full implementation pending.
Some new options
- Use login as email
- Crypt passwords method
- User trackers at registration
Shibboleth Authentication has been added.
Banners Now handle Flash
Action calendar and (2) events Calendar, with a redesigned user interface and many more features, including Feeds feeds, among others.
- Mandatory category in the category tree
- Watch category (receive email notification of change for that category)
- Improved permission system for categories: See Categories Details
|Perm Name||Default Level||Description|
|tiki_p_admin_categories||editors||This permission grants access to tiki-admin_categories.php, and is required when a user needs to change categories as well.|
|tiki_p_view_categories||registered||* can see objects and list of objects in the category. * required to have the display of the categpath (on top) on wiki pages, as well as categobjects at the bottom. * this perm now also is required to categorize anything. This could provide a layer where categs are only visible to a given group for internal management, while other groups won’t even know there is a categories system.|
|tiki_p_edit_categorized||registered||* allows user to edit objects in category * replaces tiki_p_edit_categories(in 1.9 or prev).|
|tiki_p_view_categorized||registered||* view-only permissions on a category. * replaces tiki_p_view_categories (in 1.9 and prev)|
- tiki-contacts.php has been re-written. Contacts used to be only in webmail before (tiki-webmail.php?locSection=contacts)
- Contacts can now be shared with other groups.
- In addition to 1.9 fields (First Name, Last Name, Email, Nickname), many more fields (City, Company, Country, Department, Division, Job Title, Organization, Personal Fax, Personal Mobile, Personal Phone, State, Street Address, Work Fax, Work Mobile, Work Phone, Zip Code) have been added and you can now add custom fields.
Contribution feature allows to let users (or force them to) choose one or many of the contribution types offered at the edit form of several tiki features (wiki, forum, comments, sheets, blogs, ...) before sending the edition/post/data. This is specially useful in educational scenarios where users can be reminded each time to chose the type of contribution they are doing; and later on, teachers can easily review a summary of contributions recorded by Action log feature, shown as numbers of type and amount of information added or deleted by each student, or groups of students, in a given time frame, in objects related to one or many tiki Categories.
Copyright management has been added on blogs, articles and faq
- Check-in, check-out, versioning for each file, which adds the wiki way to the File Gallery!
- Now with subgalleries
Tags can now be used in addition to categories.
forums went trough a redesign of the user interface and administrators have more control over the way forums are handled. Moreover, when you start a new thread you have the option to select monitoring that thread just at posting time (and selected by default):
Fullscreen When activated on the Admin Features page, a Fullscreen link enables the site user to see the center part of the page — without the top and bottom bars or side columns — displayed full window size. This is useful for viewing large images, wide tables, etc.
Shadowbox has been implemented.
Size and scale of galleries can be global in admin image gal
- Can now handle more than one Phplayersmenu menu at a time
- New Suckerfish menus
- Highlighting in menu of current location
- Split level menu (level 1 can be horizontal on top and level 2 vertical on the left
New links in module what is new
Tikiwiki more fully supports MP3 and .flv Flash files and provide an open source player.
Multimedia can be inserted in trackers or in wiki pages.
- Can now have distinct HTML vs text content.
Edit by Section for more information.
(module and main page)
Tell a Friend A link is displayed on each Tiki page that can be used to email the page (actually its link) to someone.
TikiTests for more information.
Interactive Translation for more information.
Take 5 minutes to watch the interactive tutorial at Multilingual Wiki, and see it live at http://wiki-translation.com while we update doc.tikiwiki.org to 2.0 to let you use this unique feature with our own documentation. Used in production at support.mozilla.com
- computed fields
- google maps
- user subscription
- dynamic items list
Google Map in trackers
User tracker come in user information
Wiki Page Staging and Approval (where edits can be approved before they go live)
With FCK Editor: WYSIWYG
- Edit CSS administration functionality is now currently broken after a security fix. Will be solved as part of the next release.
Tiki3, which will be released in April 2009. The main focus of version 3.0 will be further enhancements to the user interface, the admin interface, the theme system and built-in themes.