This is a new optional file gallery manager for end users included in Tiki initially in Tiki10, which allowed to manage files using it in Trackers, through tracker field "Files".
In Tiki11 it has been added as a new option in File Galleries also, as a new "elFinder view", in the new drop down box to select views in each file gallery.
And elFinder is intended to replace the previous file gallery manager eventually.
Drag & Drop in Tiki
Plugin disabledPlugin flash cannot be executed.
_ ______ _ _ | | ____(_) | | ___| | |__ _ _ __ __| | ___ _ __ / _ \ | __| | | '_ \ / _` |/ _ \ '__| | __/ | | | | | | | (_| | __/ | \___|_|_| |_|_| |_|\__,_|\___|_|
- All operations with files and folders on a remote server (copy, move,upload, create folder/file, rename, etc.)
- High performance server beckend and light client
- Background file upload with Drag & Drop support
- Standart methods of file/group selection using mouse or keyboard
- Rich context menu and toolbar
- List and Icons view
- Move/Copy files with Drag & Drop
- Archives create/extract (zip, rar, 7z, tar, gzip, bzip2)
- Preview for common file types
- Edit text files and resize images
- "Places" for your favorites
- Calculate directory sizes
- Thumbnails for image files
- Easy to integrate with web editors (elRTE, CKEditor, TinyMCE)
- Flexible configuration of access rights, upload file types, user interface and other
- Simple client-server API based on JSON
- Modern browser. elFinder was tested in Firefox 5, Internet Explorer 8+, Safari 5, Opera 11 and Chrome 12
- Any web server
- PHP (for thumbnails - mogrify utility or GD/Imagick module)
How to use itOnce the feaure "elFinder" is enabled sitewide in the admin panel for file galleries, then you will have the option to choose Finder view in each file gallery:
You will also be able to set the new "Finder view" as the default one per file gallery, through the interface to change the "display properties":
The elFinder view allow you have many contextual actions if you right click with the mouse pointer on a file:
Moreover, you will be able to drag and drop files from one file gallery to others:
And you will be able also to drag some files from your local desktop in your own computer, and drop them inside the file gallery of your choice:
Last, you will be able to display files in a detailed view, sort them by many criteria, like by file types: