RecordRTC has limited browser support. Mobile devices will not be able to record video nor audio, and for that reason, module RecordRTC will not be displayed in mobile devices.
- Go to the Packages admin page and install the npm-asset/record-rtc package for "Audio, Video, Screen Recording". Installation takes a few minutes.
- On the File Gallery admin page (tiki-admin.php?page=fgal), at the bottom of the first tab, under "Settings for RecordRTC" activate the feature "Use RecordRTC to screen record".
- Then on the Modules admin page (tiki-admin_modules.php), activate and configure (set the module zone, etc.) the module "Record RTC". Note that Record RTC requires an https connection over SSL.
Once the Record RTC module is added, this is what it looks like.
- The record name field corresponds to the name you want to give to your recording;
- The Start Recording button is used to start recording;
- If you check the auto upload box, the recording will be uploaded automatically to tiki.
If you click on the Start Recording button a menu opens, you have the possibility to choose one of the following options:
- Entire Screen: allows you to record the entire screen;
- Windows: allows you to make a recording only of a window, which you will choose;
- Chrome Tab: If you use as a Chrome browser, you can make a record of a browser tab.
- Then click on Share to start recording.
To end the recording click on the Stop Recording button on the record RTC module.
- After having finished the recording, you can watch the video, if you don't like it, start the recording again by clicking on Start Recording.
- Upload the recording by clicking on Upload Record.
- After that, a media code is generated, this will help you for example if you want to embed the recording in a wiki page.
- You can download the recording by clicking on the name. Or you can find it in the file gallery.