Click the Calendar icon on the Admin Panel
There are several time/date- and calendar-related features:
- The Mini Calendar: MyTiki's personal calendar. A simple appointment list.
- The Calendar: Tiki's main calendar. This can display:
- The Tools Calendars which report system-created lists of changes/additions, such as the creation or edit of a wiki page, upload of a file, including date and time, user, and description. This requires the permission tiki_p_view_tiki_calendar.
- The Event Calendars which show user created information such as events or appointments, and requires the permission tiki_p_view_calendar. Different calendars can be created, with distinct permissions for each. It is also possible to setup a Personal calendar here. This duplicates the mini-calendar feature but with integration with the other calendars (so you can see in one view both your personal events and the other events).
- The feature jscalendar adds a nifty date picker to Event Calendars. (and trackers)
- The modules calendar and calendar_new add a small calendar to a lateral column with events in hover boxes
- In Tiki10, a new plugin was added to display tracker data in a calendar-type of display of items, useful for project management, where you can drag & drop to move or click & drag to resize the duration of events. See PluginTrackerCalendar.
ExampleFor the moment there is no possibility to include a calendar formated like tiki-calendar.php into a wiki page, beyond the PluginTrackerCalendar since Tiki10. To display a calendar in that format one must use a link
[domain/tiki-calendar.php?calIds=1|Display Calendar Nr 1]
To display multiple calendars use the following code
[domain/tiki-calendar.php?calIds~0=4&calIds~1=6|Display Calendar Nr 4 and Nr 6]
Example of usage in a wiki page through the plugin module and several modules inside.
Key Functions and Sub-features
- Calendar tab provides view of appointments for a time period set by administrator
- Event tab allows for event scheduling
- Events can be all day long.
- Several categories for simple selection.
- Import Events from a CSV - using url/tiki-calendar_import.php (see details)
- You can change your site's date and time preferences in url/tiki-admin.php?page=general
Calendar feature development chronology
New in Tiki9New features added in Tiki9:
- Calendar names are now translatable (but not individual events).
- This is useful if you have a calendar ID which has events in several languages. Ex. Training/Formation for CalendarID #4 and each event's info (ex.: name/description) can be in any language or you can make bilingual. The translation of the calendar name label is done like any other translation string in Tiki (lang/**/language.php or lang/**/custom.php or Interactive Translation.
- New options have been added to set default new events to all day, and another option to put the name of the event on each day.
New in version 2 and version 3Version 2.0 saw some major enhancements to the calendar
- New look of calendars in every views, especially in week view which is now displayed with hours details. Events on multiple days are also better displayed. In week view, when there is more than 3 events, a special zone will be displayed and the overbox will contain all details,
- New recurrence feature to have the same event each week/month/year between two dates or for X occurences. An event from an occurence can be modified later. When modifying an event from a recurrence, TikiWiki will ask the user if he wants to change only the current event, all the events of the recurence, or events of the recurence which were not already modified,
- New iCal export feature,
- New option to choose the calendars to display by default. Also keep in database the user last calendar choices in order to keep use the same filter when he comes back,
- New "standard colors" when creating a calendar to ease the choice of calendar colors