Groupmail is a feature started in Tiki3 and extended in Tiki4 which aims to provide a way for a team (a Tiki group) to process email contact requests, act on them and record the process in wiki pages.
- Group Mail
- 1.1. Installation
- 1.2. Basic functioning
- 1.3. More details
You need to follow the next steps.
You need to apply the Groupmail profile
It adds the webmail-inbox module and makes a group (to share the mail, provided that you configured a webmail account and make it shared). Then you can "take" mails from the inbox (others in the group can see who took it).
The profile adds the following homepage to your tiki site, with a short overview of the whole feature:
Here's what the profile did:
- Enabled lots of features - including AJAX (which is slightly experimental and may affect other features)
- Made a new "Help Team" group that your GroupMail operators will need to be members of
- Made Trackers for extra user and group info (and attached them to the Help Team group
- Made a Tracker called "GroupMail Tickets" to store mails that are bring processed
- Added the Webmail Inbox module top left
- Shown you this page (which you can delete when you're finished with it)
Here are a few extra configurations that profiles can't manage yet:
- You need to set up a webmail account - here
- Some rather incomplete documentation on Tiki Webmail can be found Webmail
- N.B. The only special thing you need for GroupMail is to set "Group (shared mail inbox) or private" to ''Group"
- Don't forget to add the users you want (including yourself) to the "Help Team" group
The webmail_inbox module can be updated live, or set to only refresh manually.
In case there is no webmail account set yet, the module shows an initial message with a green arrow linking to the Webmail feature to allow you create one:
Once at the webmail admin interface (tiki-webmail.php) go to setting and click on the tab: "Create Account" and fill in the required fields for your specific account, taking into account that you need to choose "Group" e-mail account in the setting at the bottom:
You need to add users to the "Help team" group, in order to allow them selecting webmail accounts to use them for the groupmail feature.
In this example, user john was added by user admin to the Help team group.
User john, after cliking to the green arrow shown on his webmail_inbox module on the left column, would be offered to chose which webmail account to validate to be shown in his own webmail_inbox module.
The webmail_inbox module shows a list of messages, with:
When you click on the email address in the webmail_inbox module, you wil be shown a wiki page displaying a log of all the communication held by all of your group your members with that contact (not fully implemented yet by the time Tiki4.0 release).
The first time somebody click on the "Take" button from a new contact, a new record for that contact is added in the contact list. Since then, an icon will be shown next to the now hyperlinked email address shown in the webmail_inbox module.
When you click on the icon next to the email address in the webmail_inbox module, you will be shown that contact in the tiki contact list (addressbook), to further use in the webmail feature to easily add one or many people to the "to:" or "cc:" / "bcc:" fields.
If the message contains text and html parts, you will able to switch easily between them, or even looking at the source content (with full headers) of that email message.
Remember that you can reuse your contact list for easily and quickly adding contact to your replies or forwards of email messages. To do so you need to click on the "to:" or "cc:" / "bcc:" fields.
Two permissions need to be set in order to manage groups to use and admin the group mail feature:
|tiki_p_use_group_webmail||Can use group webmail|
|tiki_p_admin_group_webmail||Can administrate group webmail accounts|
More information on dev:groupmail