Groupmail aims to provide a way for a team (a Tiki group) to process email contact requests, act on them and record the process in wiki pages. The feature started in Tiki3/Tiki4 days, stopped working some years later, and it was brought back to life in Tiki20.
There is significant work done for Tiki-Cypht in 21, 22, 23 so it's recommended to run the latest stable version of Tiki. (Or even trunk if you are a developer). Most enhancements and many fixes will not be backported as there are lots of changes. There has not been testing on Groupmail. Please report any issues.
You need to follow the next steps.
1.2. Since Tiki20
Once you applied the profile and add an email account, you can access that email account through the groupmail feauture
The profile adds the following homepage to your tiki site, with a short overview of the whole feature:
Here's what the profile did:
- Made a new "Help Team" group that your GroupMail operators will need to be members of
- Made Trackers for extra user and group info (and attached them to the Help Team group
- Made a Tracker called "GroupMail Tickets" to store mails that are bring processed
Here are a few extra configurations that profiles can't manage yet:
- You need to set up a webmail account - here
- Don't forget to add the users you want (including yourself) to the "Help Team" group
1.3. Until Tiki19[+]
Two permissions need to be set in order to manage groups to use and admin the group mail feature:
|tiki_p_use_group_webmail||Can use group webmail|
|tiki_p_admin_group_webmail||Can administrate group webmail accounts|
More information on dev:groupmail