To check all the commits in this branch, see:
Tiki9 was first released on June 26th, 2012 and is a Long Term Support (LTS) version and thus will be supported until November 2015. (when Tiki 16 is released)
This is the last version which supports PHP 5.2.x. But really, PHP 5.2.x is no longer supported by PHP itself so you should upgrade to PHP 5.3 See: Version Lifecycle
Development of Tiki9 started after 8.0 Beta was released. Tiki7 and Tiki8 were huge releases. Tiki9 is expected to be more modest because it’s an LTS. Tiki10 is expected to be bigger than Tiki9, but likely not as big as 7.
Table of contents
- 1.1. Articles show similar articles based on common freetags
- 1.2. Batch actions
- 1.3. Banning spammers from Action Log data
- 1.4. BigBlueButton
- 1.5. Calendar
- 1.6. Cron jobs
- 1.7. Daily reports
- 1.8. Draw
- 1.9. File galleries
- 1.10. File upload improvements in text areas (and new toolbar icon)
- 1.11. HtmlFeeds
- 1.12. Image directory revamp
- 1.13. Map Improvements
- 1.14. Menu
- 1.15. Modules: new and updated
- 1.16. Multilingual Articles improved
- 1.17. PDF from (jQuery.S5) Slideshow
- 1.18. Plugins: new and improved!
- 1.18.1. Pending approval notification
- 1.18.2. Plugin AppFrame
- 1.18.3. Plugin Category Transition
- 1.18.4. Plugin Contribution Dashboard
- 1.18.5. Plugin Convene (“Doodle”-like)
- 1.18.6. Plugin Countdown
- 1.18.7. Plugin Exercise
- 1.18.8. Plugin HTMLfeed
- 1.18.9. Plugin Page Tabs
- 1.18.10. Plugin List
- 1.18.11. Plugin Map
- 1.18.12. Plugin MemberPayment
- 1.18.13. Plugin Now
- 1.18.14. Plugin Report
- 1.18.15. Plugin Slideshow
- 1.18.16. Plugin Timesheet
- 1.18.17. Plugin TrackerFilter
- 1.18.18. Plugin WYSIWYG
- 1.19. Profiles
- 1.20. Reports
- 1.21. Search: shell script added for cron and index maintenance
- 1.22. Security
- 1.23. SEO enhancements
- 1.24. Server Check
- 1.25. Smarty updated to 3.1
- 1.26. Spam protection through multiple ip banning from comments and action log
- 1.27. Structures
- 1.28. TextBacklink Protocol
- 1.29. Themes
- 1.30. Timesheet
- 1.31. Token Access
- 1.32. Trackers
- 1.33. TRIM
- 1.34. Wiki Structure enhancements
- 1.35. WYSIWYG enhancements
Articles feature has been enhanced to show links to similar articles at the bottom of one article, based on a number of similar Freetags in common between them.
See Batch and Token Access
For more information, see Banning
For more information, see: BigBlueButton
- This is useful if you have a calendar ID which has events in several languages. Ex. Training/Formation for CalendarID #4 and each event’s info (ex.: name/description) can be in any language or you can make bilingual. The translation of the calendar name label is done like any other translation string in Tiki (lang/**/language.php or lang/**/custom.php or Interactive Translation. See Calendar
See Cron jobs.
Daily reports feature has been internally revamped, and has a few improvements for end users. These include improvements in internationalization of messages sent, footer added to messages, and tracker item comments are also include in the reports.
Draw has the ability to edit tracker files (through the tracker ‘files’ field) and wikiplugin_img.
File Gallery include a simple version control system (VCS), which adds revision information to file versions. (Ref. r38587, r38596 in trunk)
Introduced in Tiki9, this feature adds a way to push and pull html bits around from one site to another. See Html Feeds.
Clear Tiki cache after upgrade, otherwise you get missing icons
Additional improvements were made on mapping support to improve the integration with OpenLayers.
- Ability to use different base layers (OpenStreetMap, Google Street/Satellite/Physical)
- Create tracker items from the map view (when using the tracker input module)
- Display search results with periodic refresh on the map using arguments on the map plugin
- Associate icon to the tracker items rendered on the map
- Improved pop-up/infobox
- Added support for Google Street View
- Added the possibility to Draw over Maps via OpenLayers tools.
- And many more.
This was done for the CartoGraf project, an interactive web-based mapping application to enhance learning in history and geography classes in high schools. CartoGraf is mainly based on Maps, Drawings, PluginAppFrame and Trackers. This is a great example of how to use profiles to use a general purpose app (Tiki) to make a very specific application (CartoGraf).
From 9.2 you can also use wiki syntax (including plugins) in menu labels to allow customized formatting and special effects.
New module, to edit features on Maps and adapt tracker input/markers to avoid internal conflicts in OpenLayers. See Module map_edit_features.
Improved Module. The module has been improved to display blog posts or articles grouped by months and years, and when clicking in a month, the list of posts or articles will be expanded in real time to shown their titles.
Slideshows using jQuery.S5 allows to print the presentation in a single PDF file, using “dompdf” library, already included in Tiki9.
Tiki7. It currently sends a copy of the plugin pending aproval in the email message to the admin users.
See Plugins for more information.
New plugin allowing to integrate various wiki pages and modules into a custom frame divided into tabs and columns. The frame will take up as much space as possible in the screen.
Category transitions for any object. See PluginCategoryTransition
New plugin that lists users contributions to your work. See PluginContributionsDashboard
PluginCountdown have been implemented.
Tiki9, it allows the display of content in Tabs, where tabs = wiki pages.
(ref. r39020). See PluginPageTabs.
Report, stores it in a wiki page, and has the ability to edit it from the wiki page itself. See PluginReport.
PDF from the presentation itself. See PluginSlideshow
#Timesheet inside a wiki page.
Freetags Tracker Field and Auto-Increment Field.
And basic support has been added for Item link field type also.
WYSIWYG for a table, but keep most of the page as wiki syntax.
Tiki9 allows to update tracker item via configuration profiles.
Unified Index and Cron.
- the page alias is displayed if the page is in a Structure and an alias is set
- the search result snippet can be wiki parsed (pref in admin screen)
- content items in designated Categories can be excluded from search results (pref in admin screen) - this stops the items from being indexed so a Rebuild Index is needed whenever this is used/changed
Search Engine Optimization for details.
More information for developers (end users shouldn’t notice too much difference):
Spam protection as been enhanced by means of adding the ability to send multiple ip information to the Admin Banning directly from either the Comment moderation or from the Action log.
Introduced in Tiki9, this feature allows to create a dynamic compendia. See TextBacklinkProtocol
Timesheet allows to track time spent on different tasks and projects. It uses an special Jquery plugin called JTrack, which allows to have time counters on even if the users closes the browser or logsout for some reason. It is avery useful feature for project management, in which workers are expected to record the time spent on different tasks.
Tracker Files field has the ability to replace existing file, instead of simply adding files in the file gallery. See Files Tracker Field
See Tracker Field Item Link.
TRIM and WordPress importer.
In addition, “add new page” form has been moved into a dialog and add + buttons have been added to page actions
This management allows to add new pages to the sttucture or to move pages to different positions in the same structure.
- WYSIWYG editor which saves in Wiki syntax (instead of HTML) has been improved quite a bit.
To activate: tiki-admin.php?page=wysiwyg -> Use Wiki syntax in WYSIWYG
Tiki9 add a new option, Visual Wiki.
It is available from the WYSIWYG admin panel “Use Wiki syntax in WYSIWYG” and can be set on or off. With Visual Wiki, Wiki syntax and HML can be used together on the same text area.
It still have some limitations as it is very new. (note: it is experimental
Setting it on add a new toolbar set “Visual Wiki” in conjunction with previous Wiki and WYSIWYG toolbar that stay the same as previous version.
- There is a “delete all custom tools” option that you can launch with this url:
- ... and you should get a confirm message - confirm it and all the custom tools will be gone. You will have to remake them afterwards with the correct icon paths.
Hopefully there will be an upgrade script to fix this before Tiki 9, but just in case, and for early tester, this workaround should do.
Upgrade notes, keep in mind also that Tiki7 introduced several major changes from prior versions. If you are upgrading from an earlier version, you are encouraged to read first the pages describing the changes introduced in earlier versions of Tiki, such as:
- Tiki7, especially http://doc.tiki.org/Tiki7#Upgrade_notes
- Tiki5, especially http://doc.tiki.org/Upgrade#If_you_need_to_fix_the_encoding_issue
If you were using trackers in your Tiki configuration profiles, beware of the changes in the tracker fields. See the section Profiles in the Tiki8 page.
- Read the general Upgrade notes, if you haven’t done so in the last few years.
- Remember to run setup.sh again (if you have console access).
- Beware of changes in modules and their management:
- Check these two pages for notes specific on upgrading your theme style:
Keep in mind that your Custom site header might be gone, in which case you’ll need to manually re-do it using module management.
In other cases, custom top bar code or other custom sections you had coded in Admin Home > Look & Feel > General Layout Options might be misplaced. If so, go to Admin > Modules and set the proper order of the modules (see Theme Header Modules for more information on the proper order for header modules).
- You might need to re-approve some of your plugin calls.
Go to http://example.org/tiki-plugins.php as admin and approve them all (after revision, if needed, as always)
See Upgrade for more details.
Pages linking to Tiki97 pages link to Tiki9
AliasTiki9.0 | TikiWiki9 | TikiWiki9.0 | TikiWiki 9.0 | TikiWiki 9 | Tiki 9 | Tiki 9.0