Since Tiki3, there is a feature to require a moderator to approve or reject comments before they a publicly displayed in the site.
Users with 'tiki_p_admin_comments' permission can approve (or reject) them.
If this feature is enabled, comments are queued for the moderator and are not published until it's approbation. The moderator can approve or reject comments either directly on the comments of the object (wiki page, blog post, ...), either on the 'Admin Comments' page.
Users without 'tiki_p_admin_comments' perm won't see rejected and queued comments. They will also have the following comment: 'Your comment will have to be approved by the moderator before it's publication.'
The interface allows:
- handle table column headers (e.g. if there is only one type, 'ObjectType' is not shown anymore and 'Object' is renamed to the real type name),
- add a new 'types_section' param to limit the interface to only one section (i.e. blogs, faqs, ...)
- better use smarty self_link,
- to approve/reject comments or see their final status (approved / rejected),
- to display/edit/delete each comments,
- to allow a multiple selection of types, using checkboxes (types_tag='checkbox')
- to display a "double red" left border for rejected comments,
- to display a "dotted blue" left border for queued comments (those waiting for moderation),
- to show with some opacity both rejected and queued comments,
Note that it's not possible to reply to (or vote for) a comment that has not been approved, even by the moderator.
Optionally Ban IP directly from thereSince in Tiki9, spam comments can be easily deleted while their originating ip's are sent also to the admin Banning feature in order to allow banning them.
Alias names for this pageComments Moderation | CommentsModeration | CommentModeration