Monitoring Tiki is a lot like monitoring any other web site. Start with the basics and add checks as it becomes more important.
- Ensure all necessary services/daemons are running. Use check_procs or check_ssh (to call check_procs on remote server)
- MySQL (also use check_mysql to run test queries)
- Ensure adequate memory, cpu and disk space are available using check_mem, check_load and check_disk
- Ensure web site is healthy.
- Use check_http to check a particular web page or
- Use check_webinject to script a login and perform a more detailed site check
- Track site performance
- Use pnp4nagios or nagiosgraph to capture the performance data from check_http or check_webinject to track response time data over time.