Tiki7 introduces a new content organizer allowing to quickly sort wiki pages and other categorized objects in Tiki. The organizer proposes an interface that allows the selection of multiple objects and to add or remove categories on them in bulk. The content organizer is not an administrative tool. It is allowed to any user and simply provides an interface to perform the operations they would normally be allowed to perform. Category Permissions are fully respected.
To access the content organizer,
- Select Categories from the application menu.
- Under the title, visit Organize Content.
Alternatively, the organizer can be accessed directly through tiki-edit_categories.php.
The initial view proposes a list of categories. The list can be navigated using the tree controls. Clicking on the category name will list the objects within that category with a checkbox next to it. The checkbox will be disabled for the objects on which the user is not allowed to modify the categories.
The Orphans entry is also available and will contain all objects that do not currently have categories.
Once one or multiple objects are selected, additional operations appear in the category tree. The plus and minus signs allow to add or remove those categories on the current object. The controls may be missing if the user is not allowed to set those categories on objects. This limitation is used for categories that grant special rights.
Upon clicking the plus and minus signs, the count of objects will be updated, but the list will remain unchanged until reload, allowing to preserve context and perform additional changes.
- tiki_p_modify_object_categories, applied on objects to indicate if the categories can be modified
- tiki_p_add_objects, applied on the category to indicate if the user can add objects in the category
- tiki_p_remove_objects, applied on the category to indicate if the user can remove objects in the category
- tiki_p_view_category, to indicate if the user can view the category
- others, for type-specific view permissions
Note: Category Jail will affect this view.