- Quiz: Many questions. This is a test and you get points for getting the answer right.
- Surveys: Many questions. Can be open-ended or radio buttons, etc. We want to know what you think.
- Polls: One question radio buttons. We want to know what you think.
- Trackers: A powerful general purpose form (and database) building tool, with which you can build surveys.
- Use this page to configure the global settings for polls.
- To access
- Click the Polls icon on the Admin Panel
or Access http://example.org/tiki-admin.php?page=polls
- Polls ask a single question and allow users to select (or vote) for a single response.
- This page contains the following tabs:
This content to be re-factored and moved to the Tiki User Guide.
Polls are a commonly used in community and news oriented sites to help reveal popular opinion or for decision making. For example, the Tikiwiki Community has always used polls to decide the titles of each Tiki Release since 1.0. Polls are only one way to ask questions to users.
Pages about this feature: Poll Admin
To begin using Polls, first activate the feature in the ADMIN-->General screen.
Note: for version 2.2 (and possibly others) a poll template selected in the Wiki edit screen will only be saved to the database if the Categories feature is also enabled.
Tiki you can create as many polls as you want. zero to n polls in the Tiki pages. You can also have a set of several active polls and display only one poll in a page. In that case, Tiki will rotate through the set of polls. Users with the right permission can see poll results, examine old polls and vote in any poll that is not closed.
Polls as a Plugin
Polls as a Side Module
Once you have actived the polls feature you can assign a poll to side module using Create new user module under Admin Modules, see Modules.
(Copy this template into any feature page and use as a format guide.)
Polls and Anonymous
It is possible to allow an anonymous to vote by activating the feature in admin->polls and assigning tiki_p_vote permission to Anonymous (admin->groups). In tikiwiki 1.9, Anonymous can vote as many times as they want. In version 2.0, Anonymous can vote only one time during their php session (check admin->phpinfo->session.gc_maxlifetime to have an idea of the minimum time a session last - depending on your server setting and the activity of your site, it can be longer).
A poll template is a poll used for Rating, such as to ask "Was this page helpful?". The poll template can be added to a Wiki pages or a Tracker. The Category feature must be enabled.
The steps are:
- create a template poll
- create the poll option
- enable admin->wiki->rating
- when editing a page, give the poll to the field 'Use rating'
And it will look like this in a wiki page