See also Transactional Email Providers
To configure Tiki to use SMTP instead of Sendmail (which is on the server)
Some web hosts prevent sending email from the web server. Ex.: to prevent SPAM. In this case, you must indicate the "real" email address used to send email. If you are behind the firewall, you can typically just indicate the server (no login required)
- Visit tiki-admin.php?page=general
- Select SMTP in the mail section.
- Enter the information about your email account
You can use your Google email account to send your Tiki email after some settings.
From 2020 it work using the Google App Password option.
- Log into your Google account
- Turn on 2-Step Verification (https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185839)
- Create a new password App (https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833)
- Go to your Tiki, Control Panels, General and set Tiki to use SMTP with the following settings (use your google email as username and your Google App Password for the password):
- Save and test