Tiki 25.0 was released in December 2022, shortly after Tiki turned 20 years old!
Here is announcement: https://tiki.org/article497-Biggest-Tiki-Release-Ever-Tiki-25
Because of all the enhancements and changes, you should do more than usual testing before upgrading.
Since this is a post-LTS, it has major changes, such as an upgrade to
- Bootstrap 5, which was released in May 2021.
- Smarty 4, which was released in November 2021
- Font Awesome 6, which was released in February 2022
- However, the PHP Requirements remain at version 7.4, the same as Tiki24.
Given the fact our themes and Smarty templates rely on Bootstrap 5 heavily, the browser support for Tiki 25 follows the same path:
- Dropped Internet Explorer 10 and 11
- Dropped Microsoft Edge < 16 (Legacy Edge)
- Dropped Firefox < 60
- Dropped Safari < 12
- Dropped iOS Safari < 12
- Dropped Chrome < 60
For more details see https://getbootstrap.com/docs/5.1/migration/
- Browser support
- New features
- 1.1.1. Anime.js
- 1.1.2. Database connection encryption
- 1.1.3. Email bounce handling
- 1.1.4. Email: Detect disposable
- 1.1.5. Email filters
- 1.1.6. Faker
- 1.1.7. Federated timesheets
- 1.1.8. File Gallery - Direct Mapping
- 1.1.9. Gitpod
- 1.1.10. GlitchTip error logging
- 1.1.11. HTTP Headers security
- 1.1.12. Icon Picker
- 1.1.13. Kanban
- 1.1.14. Machine Learning
- 1.1.15. Manticore Search
- 1.1.16. Markdown as default syntax
- 1.1.17. Mautic Marketing Automation
- 1.1.18. Media Queries
- 1.1.19. Modules
- 1.1.20. Natural Language Generation
- 1.1.21. ODBC
- 1.1.22. Orphaned preferences
- 1.1.23. Print
- 1.1.24. Realtime
- 1.1.25. Suffix Cleaner
- 1.1.26. Tablesorter
- 1.1.27. Themes and CSS variables
- 1.1.28. Tiki Manager as a Package
- 1.1.29. Tiki Manager and Virtualmin
- 1.1.30. Trackers
- 1.1.31. User account locking
- 1.1.32. Vue.js
- 1.1.33. Webhooks
- 1.1.34. WikiPlugin Accordion
- 1.1.35. WikiPlugin ListExecute
- 1.1.36. WYSIWYG Editor
- Bug Fixes and Enhancements
switch from fzaninotto/Faker library to fakerPHP
https://gitlab.com/tikiwiki/tiki/-/merge_requests/1353 to assist package management
- Gitpod support
Add a new preference to sample the errors, reducing the amount of information needed.
For HTTP Headers, stronger security settings are activated by default in new installs of Tiki25+
New Kanban feature.
- Machine Learning: Upgrade from version 0.4.2 to 2.1.1
Now possible to set Markdown as the new default syntax. This is opt-in, and current Tiki syntax will continue to work for many years. See:
- Media Queries via GUI
- ODBC sync improvements
Add option to include wiki comments when printing or exporting to PDF
Add the option to export articles to PDF
- Add export to Tablesorter
New themes and styling methods:
- Boosted, an implementation for Tiki of Orange Boosted, and an original Neubrutalism theme, Neubrutiki - https://gitlab.com/tikiwiki/tiki/-/merge_requests/1899
- Zephyr, by Bootswatch - https://gitlab.com/tikiwiki/tiki/-/merge_requests/1724
- Tiki-specific CSS variables (CSS custom properties) to facilitate site customization (See Pagetop styles and CSS variables.)
- Tiki Manager Package along with 3 wiki plugins
- New tracker field property: exclude data and changes from email notifications.
- Import/export Cal/ics import/export: https://gitlab.com/tikiwiki/tiki/-/commit/a5b0954b5a4938a7fe52a37e22ca88c6299ccd53
support NDJSON format, support data mapping for import and export, support per-user content authentication schemes, additional datetime formats, parameterized import, federated timesheets support: https://gitlab.com/tikiwiki/tiki/-/commit/3430caa9e23593099817b0424c15c8db6ad9ee64
- Vue JS version 3.x is used for PluginKanban, which led to multiple architectural improvements, which will spread all over Tiki in future versions.
added tracker_item_insert in the listexecute plugin actions
New WYSIWYG editor, to manage Markdown also as default syntax in text areas.
See: WYSIWYG and Markdown
- Dozens of bug fixes and enhancements in Cypht Webmail and its integration in Tiki, and Email folders Tracker Field
- Look at the commits since 2022-03: https://github.com/jasonmunro/cypht/commits/master
- Fixed the wiki syntax parser to allow autolinks in parenthesis and exclude closing parenthesis from the external URLs autolinks (backported to Tiki24)
Each Tiki will be capable to use Tiki Manager to manage itself or other Tiki instances.
Added in Tiki25 a new parameter to control the position of the download button: downloadable-position="top|bottom|both". Values are top,-+bottom+- or both. Default is "bottom". See: https://doc.tiki.org/PluginList-output-control-block#Download_CSV_of_Table_Results
- Old Tiki MindMap in Flash (We are looking for HTML5 replacement.)
- Superfish/Suckerfish was removed earlier before the release of Tiki25, as it is superseded by Smartmenus - see Smartmenus Megamenu
- Documentation for the transition is available a the Menu documentation page
- When you upgrade to Tiki25+, the now unusable user data related to OpenID will be deleted (the openid_url column in the users_users table).
- Strasa theme child themes
- Jqui theme child themes (except for Trontastic)