- This page and linked-to pages describe how to configure and use the File Gallery feature.
- To access
- Click the File Gallery icon on the Admin Panel
or Access http://example.org/tiki-admin.php?page=fgal
- Maximum file name size in file galleries is 80 characters. The name may be truncated without warning if the file name is longer than 80 characters.
The file galleries feature can be a site repository or download manager for all types of files: images, video, audio, podcasts, text, software (releases, patches, docs), etc., etc. Files uploaded into file galleries can easily be displayed or linked from wiki pages, articles, blog posts, and other content.
File galleries are created and configured through the admin interface. Use the permissions system to specify who can create galleries, upload, download and delete files, etc. Statistics are kept of each download. You can produce stats for the most downloaded files, most visited file galleries and last uploaded files. Files can be replaced with a new version, with archived versions still available.
- Virtual folders and sub-folders with permissions
- Archives are kept (previous versions of a file can still be accessed).
- Check-in / check-out / lock
- Files can be in one or many categories.
- Workflows with Category Transitions
- WebDAV access
- Search within files
- Web-based editing of SVG and ODF files
- Watch function enables email notification of changes.
- Provide a secret link via e-mail for a read-only access to a normally restricted file
- OCR Indexing
- unoconv support
- Managing files in Trackers
- Attaching to wiki pages
Highlighting some File Gallery improvements
elFinder has been integrated to allow managing files in file galleries. Please see: elFinder
Once the feaure "elFinder" is enabled sitewide in the admin panel for file galleries, then you will have the option to choose Finder view in each file gallery:
You will also be able to set the new "Finder view" as the default one per file gallery, through the interface to change the "display properties":
The elFinder view allow you have many contextual actions if you right click with the mouse pointer on a file:
Moreover, you will be able to drag and drop files from one file gallery to others:
And you will be able also to drag some files from your local desktop in your own computer, and drop them inside the file gallery of your choice:
Last, you will be able to display files in a detailed view, sort them by many criteria, like by file types:
WebODF has been integrated to support the viewing and editing of Open Document Format (ODF). Please see: Docs.
- Wiki pages and user files can be stored in the file gallery. Also SVG editing is available via Draw.
- File in file galleries can have drafts, like Wiki pages.
- File galleries can be accessed via WebDAV.
- File galleries can also support image galleries, with image browsing, and dynamic insertion of wiki syntax to add an image to a wiki page.
File Gallery to produce image galleries
File galleries have been improved in a way that they can handle images also, and act de facto as image galleries, or podcast galleries, etc., with added features on them. This is to end up in newer tiki releases reducing code duplication between file galleries and image galleries, and users confusion on where to save and find files (whatever type they are). In the same way, in later Tiki releases, file galleries might also handle file attachments to wiki pages, ...
File Gallery diaporama
Improved file gallery diaporama.
Moreover, File galleries are closer to replace image galleries, since they include most (if not all) the previous functonality from image galleries, and benefit from the improvements in the file galleries.
New file types recognized by tiki
New file type icons have been added to file galleries in order to recognize and visualize them accordingly. They include: .7z, .flv, .mp4, .odg, odp, .ods, .odt, .ogm, .ogv, .svg.
- File Galleries
- Virtual disk
- Document Management
- Document Management System
- multimedia file types