However, if you have a Tiki 1.7 installation, and would like to upgrade it to Tiki 3.x (or later), you still need to convert your database to Tiki 1.8.x format before converting to Tiki 3.x (or later) format.
Tiki 1.7.x -> Tiki 1.8.x -> Tiki 1.9.x -> Tiki 3.x (or later)
2- Backup your existing 1.7.x database (use the command mysqldump or use phpMyAdmin)
Scripts needed to upgrade from 1.7.x to 1.8
- tiki_1.7to1.8.sql - this is the main upgrade script, it can be re-run as often as needed.
- Note: errors relating to "duplicate entry" are normal and can be safely ignored
- comments_fix_1.7to1.8.sql - only run this once on a 1.7 database, then never again
- structure_fix_1.7to1.8.sql - only run this once on a 1.7 database, then never again
- tiki_1.7to1.8.sql - rerun to fix forums (can be run multiple times)
Step by step:
- mysql -f -u dbuser -p tikidb < tiki_1.7to1.8.sql
- mysql -f -u dbuser -p tikidb < comments_fix_1.7to1.8.sql
- mysql -f -u dbuser -p tikidb < structure_fix_1.7to1.8.sql
- mysql -f -u dbuser -p tikidb < tiki_1.7to1.8.sql (re-run again to fix Forums)
Congratulations!. You now have a Tiki 1.8.x format database.
You can now use the regular Upgrade instructions to take you to the latest version.