This feature is meant to be able to import external RSS feeds into your Tiki Articles.
- Ensure the articles feature is enabled.
- In the Admin menu, click on Admin -> External Feeds or go to tiki-admin_rssmodules.php
- Click on the "Create Feed" Tab and fill in the form. The URL should be the URL of the RSS feed that you want to import.
- Once your feed is created, you must enable the article generator.
- To do this, go to the External Feeds tab, hover over the admin options and find the "Article Generator" link.
- In the article generator tab, select "Enable" then save by clicking "Configure"
- You can also do neat stuff on this tab, like set topic or article types depending on the feed tags.
- Once you've changed your settings to enable the article generator, you must "Clear Cache", which is a feed admin option (hover over the wrench).
- Then, clicking "Refresh" will generate the Tiki Articles for you.
Articles by default come with a standard set of features and in certain cases you may want the flexibility to expand on those features. The way to do this is to link articles to a trackeritem. That way, you can add new fields to the articles, which adds a ton of flexibility to your site (e.g. If you want to add a ratings field, an additional text area or any other tracker field).
The way to do this is fairly straightforward:
- Enable the Trackers feature and the "Articles" tracker field (if not already turned on).
- Create a tracker with, at minimum, an "Articles" field (you can also add any other fields you may want).
- Go to the Admin Feeds page. In the Admin menu, click on Admin -> Control Panel ->Feeds or go to tiki-admin.php?page=rss
- In the Incoming Feeds tab, enable "Tracker for Articles" and select your newly created tracker in "Tracker Id of tracker for articles".
Once this is done, your External Feeds will also create a corresponding trackeritem that will be linked to the newly-generated article.
To check if this worked, go to your Articles List.
- To generate/export feeds, see Feeds
|Create New External Feeds|
|Name||Name of Feed|
|Description||Description of feed|
|Refresh rate||Select frequency of feed refresh||30 minutes|
|Show feed title||Enables the Show feed title feature||Disabled|
|Show publish date||Enables the show publish date feature||Disabled|
|External Feeds List||Display and manage external feeds|
|Delete||Click the X icon to delete the associated feed|
|Edit||Click the Edit icon to modify the associated feed|
|View Feed||Click the View Feed icon to view the associated feed|
|Refresh||Click the refresh icon to refresh the associated feed|