- Use this page to configure the Tiki Articles feature.
- To access
- Click the Articles icon
on the Admin Panel
- This page contains the following tabs:
- The Articles feature is often labeled as CMS within many Tiki areas (such as the permissions).
Table of contents
Articles and submissions are one of the central features of the Tiki Content Management System (CMS). With articles you can build the foundation for a site like those constructed using CMS systems like PHPNuke or Postnuke with the added advantages of Tiki. Articles are always displayed in the articles section, but can also be included in wiki pages via the pluginArticles and in the side columns using Module Last_Articles
Unlike Wiki pages, articles are typically not modified after having been published. They have several attributes, including a "publish date".
See also Multilingual Article.
There are three structural components for the Articles sub-system: Topics, Articles and Submissions.
- Topics - Each item belongs to one, and only one, topic. You can also assign multiple categories to each item.
- Article - The actual content item that gets displayed, commented on, etc.
- Submission - This is an article that hasn't been approved yet by an authorized admin.
TopicsArticles and submissions are classified in topics. You can edit topics from the admin topics screen. Note: You must create a topic before anyone can submit an article!
In this screen you can add and remove topics or you can activate/deactivate topics without removing them. You can also click the perms link to assign permissions to the topic.
The permissions for topic works as follows:
- If no permission is assigned to the topic then everybody can read articles or reviews in this topic.
- If the tiki_p_read_topic permission is assigned for the topic only the groups with the permission can view the topic and other users won't see content in the topic (Articles, reviews,etc). This can be used to manage private topics that only users in some groups can read.
NB: Topics are not categories. Topic is only for articles, category is for a lot of Tikiwiki objects
In the menu, click on Admin Topics:
The admin topic panel allows you to set the config:
Article TypesThe article "type" defines the overall settings for a specific article; things like:
- Can visitors post comments to articles?
- Does the article "expire" after a specific date.
- And more.
Image Captions SettingThe article "type" allows to enable optional custom captions for the individual articles that will make use of article pictures. Not pictures in an article, but the picture that is associated to the article.
Just check the box and there you go.
That way, you do not get the same ALT text all the time and you can for example provide the credits for the picture.
By default there are four different article types:
- Article - Normal type, only displays in "Article Home" after the publication date.
- Review - Articles with reader-added ratings. Only displays in "Article Home" after the publication date.
- Event - Used for showing upcoming events or to automatically remove content from your site. Events display until the "Publication/Event Date". Switching the type between article and event should cause it to appear and disappear from the Article Home page. (Note: Events are a v1.8 feature)
You can change or delete these article types to match your need and you can create as many articles types you want
In the menu, click on Admin Types.
The admin type panel allows you to set the config