This page should merge with Install on Debian.
This is an Installation page. It may be out of date.
Tiki is available in Debian's unstable distribution as package tikiwiki. If that package is not up-to-date and you want to install using the official sources, follow the instructions below.
- Install Apache
For Apache 1, install apache
For Apache 2, install apache2
- Install PHP, by installing php4, or php5 if you run Etch and prefer using PHP5 to PHP4.
- Install MySQL, by installing mysql-server, or mysql-server-4.1 if you use Sarge and prefer MySQL 4.1 to 4.0.
- Install the MySQL module for PHP, by installing php4-mysql, or php5-mysql if you run Etch and installed php5 rather than php4 at step 2.
- Install the PHP module for Apache, by installing the package with the name of the form libapache-mod-php[4-5], depending of the Apache and PHP versions you installed at steps 1 and 2. For example, if you installed apache2 and php4, install libapache2-mod-php4
- Test to insure each package is working properly. For example to test PHP run the hello world script. If it is not working then consider reading the Debian README in /usr/share/doc/php?/README.Debian.gz . You may need to enable the mysql library module in /etc/php4/apache*/php.ini. To enable this module you would uncomment the line extension=mysql.so in php.ini.
- If using TikiMap
apt-get install php4-cgi
- Download the Tiki version you want
- Unpack this archive into a Web accessible directory directory (for example /var/www)
- Follow usual InstallTikiDoc (just run the setup.sh like "./setup.sh www-data www-data")
- If you want GraphViz
apt-get install graphviz.
- If you want PDF export
apt-get install php4-domxml
- If you want Image Galleries
apt-get install imagemagick php4-imagick php4-gd
- You can speed up your Tiki installation by installing a PHP caching module. Visit PerformanceTuning
Available in dotdeb.org sources, a fork of turck-mmcache, but seems to have current support.
Note that this package is abandoned upstream and has 2 RC bugs at the time of writing. It's only in Sid (unstable) http://packages.debian.org/unstable/web/turck-mmcache.
Available on dotdeb.org for PHP5. There were appearantly compatibility problems with eaccelerator, therefore the swtich to APC.