Think of Tiki Trackers as a web-based Free / Libre / Open Source software version of Microsoft Access or FileMaker Pro.
- be used to collect additional data from users upon registration.
- be used like a customizable articles feature with admin definable forms
- assist workflows by tracking tasks.
- act as expanded polls, surveys or quizzes
- import and export their settings and data.
- edit tracker items inline from full (or partially filtered) item lists
- have customized templates to submit and display your information with a Pretty Tracker
Trackers can't yet: (but it improves with each version)
- do extensive calculations - the calculations are limited. For advanced calculations, use the Spreadsheet. Tighter integration between trackers and the spreadsheet is under development.
|1. Create the Tracker||Admin names the tracker and assigns overall parameters and permissions||Creating a Tracker|
|2. Add Fields to the Tracker||Admin defines the columns and type of information collected||Adding fields to a tracker|
|3. Submit Items to the tracker||Users fill out the forms to create items in the tracker||Adding items to a tracker|
|4. View or List the results||Use tracker plugins to view a customized tracker output in a page||Viewing Tracker Results|
|5.Assign Trackers to Groups||optional - trackers can also be used upon registration.||Assigning Trackers to groups|
Trackers can recreate online any kind of table or spreadsheet, not including the fancy formatting or calculations.
- support tickets
- contact managers
- feature requests
- purchase orders
- bug reports
- feedback reports
- news submissions
- project management
- application forms
Next Page . . .
- Visit http://tiki.org/Trackers to see a list of some Tiki sites (as examples) using them at production level.
- You can import the tracker definition used for dev.tiki.org
- Export trackers
- User Tracker
- Tracker Inline edit
- Tracker Synchronization
- Tracker Events
- Tracker Tabular
- PluginTracker : Create a form in a wiki page (to populate a tracker)
- PluginTrackerFilter : Display a dynamic report in a wiki page (from the data in a tracker)
- PluginTrackerItemField : This plugin allows you to display or to test the value of a field of a tracker item.
- PluginTrackerList : Display a report in a wiki page (from the data in a tracker)
- PluginTrackerStat : Display some statistics about a tracker.
- PluginTrackerTimeline: Displays tracker items in a dyanmic timeline widget
- PluginTrackerCalendar: Displays tracker items in a dynamic calendar widget
- Plugin Tracker Advanced
- PluginList and PluginCustomSearch which work with any data in Tiki, including trackers.
- Reports (which also works for trackers)
- PluginTrackerQueryTemplate A new simplified way of building complex tracker templates made easy
Profiles making use of trackers
- Form Generator
- Database creator
- CRUD Create, read, update and delete (CRUD) is done with Trackers.
If your smtp server is not configured correctly; saving a tracker that contains one or more of these fields, will result in a timout, thus freezing the current session until the server's php execution timeout is reached. This will result in an Error 500 unless PHP is setup to allow remote errors.