- Site default theme: set this by going to Admin Home > Look & Feel, selecting the theme and clicking "Apply".
- User theme: users can be given permission to override the default theme by activating Reg users can change theme at Admin Home > Look & Feel. Once the feature is activated, users can select their personal theme for the site in their preferences page under the My Account menu.
- Switch-theme module: - You can also activate the module switch_theme which makes it very easy for all users (logged in or not, depending on the permission assigned to this feature) to select a theme for his or her use through a module in the left or right column or other location.
Tiki comes bundled with a number of themes to choose from, but if you don't find anything to your liking, you can get more at the Theme marketplace.
Instructions on how to upload a new theme to your Tiki site can be found on http://themes.tiki.org/How+To+Add+a+New+Theme or on the instruction pages of the individual theme. After you have downloaded a theme from the Tiki themes site and then uploaded it to the themes directory your own site, you must activate it. You do this as you would with a bundled theme. Find information on selecting a theme at Look and Feel Theme.
Theme Control enables assigning themes according to
- individual object (i.e. an individual wiki page, blog, gallery, etc.)
For instance, to set the theme for objects in certain categories, if you are logged on as admin:
- Make sure that Theme Control is enabled
- Go to Admin -> Look & Feel
- Make sure the Theme Control is checked.
- Select the theme
- Go to Admin -> Theme Control
- For the Category picklist choose Default Category (so that the theme will apply to all pages on your site).
- For the Theme picklist, select a particular theme.
- Click on the Assign button.
- Note: You have to refresh the page to see the new theme take effect.
- Themes.tiki.org is the place for finding more information about visual themes and for demonstrating and distributing Tiki themes. This is a Tiki community site, and all members are welcome to submit their creations.