To check all the commits in this branch, see:
Tiki 10.x was released on 2012-12-19, and is supported until 11.1 is released
Even though it's just after a Long Term Support version and there are quite a few new features, there are relatively few major structural changes that will make upgrades difficult or cause regressions. See Roadmap and Tiki10
Since PHP 5.2 started in November 2006 and PHP 5.2.x reached end of life in December 2010, which is two years before the release of Tiki10, the requirements are PHP 5.3.x
If you require pre-5.3 support, you can use Tiki9 which is a Long Term Support version.
- 1. Batch Upload
- 2. BigBlueButton
- 3. Check
- 4. Code Review
- 5. Comments and Ratings
- 6. Draw
- 7. European Cookie compliance
- 8. File Gallery: native indexing of .docx, .xlsx and .pptx
- 9. File Gallery: batch upload improved
- 10. File Gallery: Page View
- 11. Forum deliberations
- 12. HTML5
- 13. Kaltura
- 14. Maps
- 15. Modules
- 16. Menu
- 17. Namespaces
- 18. Permission Check
- 19. Plugins
- 20. References
- 21. Screencast
- 22. Search
- 23. Server Check
- 24. Themes
- 25. User Watches
- 26. Version checker
- 27. Wiki syntax change for center
- 28. Workspace UI
1. Batch UploadIt is now possible to integrate very large files into the Tiki File Gallery using Batch Upload.
See Batch Upload for details.
- It is now possible for admins to delete recordings
- New explicit permission tiki_p_bigbluebutton_view_rec needed to view recordings:
- tiki_p_bigbluebutton_view_rec is no longer implicit if tiki_p_bigbluebutton_join is granted
3.1. Check PermissionsPermission Check: If Tiki installer and tiki-check.php fail, Tiki Permission Check can be used to figure out some details about filesystem permissions needed by the webserver to make those ones work.
3.2. Check Server
- tiki-check.php checks the server is appropriately configured for Tiki. See: Server Check
4. Code Review
5. Comments and Ratings
- It is now possible to restrict which tools are available in SVG-edit, thus offering a simplified experience. See Draw
7. European Cookie complianceSee Cookie Consent, to comply with "EU Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations."
8. File Gallery: native indexing of .docx, .xlsx and .pptx
- Search within files
9. File Gallery: batch upload improvedSee #Batch_Upload
10. File Gallery: Page ViewNew "Page View" added for images, which shows database and metadata information for each image.
11. Forum deliberations
12. HTML5In each version, we progressively take advantage of HTML5, such as footer, article, article elements and header elements.
- Kaltura support has been revamped to be much easier to setup and PluginKaltura has several new parameters.
- Please see a screenshot of the new interface here: http://tv.tiki.org/Add+a+Webcam+recording
- OpenLayers upgraded to 2.12
- Added MapQuest Open tilesets
- And many many other fixes and improvements which were made for the CartoGraf project, an interactive web-based mapping application to enhance learning in history and geography classes in high schools. CartoGraf is mainly based on Maps, Drawings, PluginAppFrame and Trackers. This is a great example of how to use profiles to use a general purpose app (Tiki) to make a very specific application (CartoGraf).
- Option to load the modules from a static files ( in profile YAML format like http://profiles.tiki.org/Module+Handler )
15.1. Facebook module
- NEW: Module facebook to show Facebook wall (messages and stories) of a Tiki user
15.2. Twitter module
- NEW: Module twitter to show public/friends Twitter timeline
- Added a drill down
17. NamespacesNamespaces have been added, in order to facilitate the creation of different workspaces with common page names, for instance, among them (aka: "Introduction", "About", "Team memmbers", etc).
18. Permission CheckSee #Check_Permissions
- New: PluginSign
- New: PluginInsert
- PluginProposal: Added the ability to set custom weights to groups in the proposal plugin, which affects the stored attributes. This is useful for Code Review
It allows managing tracker items as resources in a calendar view: i.e. it uses FullCalendar ResourceViews to render the content of a tracker. The feature is not using the Tiki feature Calendar, so that you don't need to have "Calendar" feature enabled for this plugin to display data in a calendar view.
See PluginTrackerCalendar and the profile to easily add a working example in your site: http://profiles.tiki.org/Tracker_as_Calendar_10
20. ReferencesReferences implements local references in Tiki. Tiki also has support for Zotero references, but they are stored externally on the Zotero server.
21. ScreencastThis permits to capture your screen and upload to Tiki.
- Still image
- or Video with sound
This is thanks to the inclusion of the jCapture applet in Tiki.
22.1. Lucene SearchSearch results 'Default where' parameter changed from a single select drop down selector to a multiple checkbox selection so that custom 'mixes' of content types can be included in search results
Search results can now be sorted (asc or desc) by: Relevance (default); Title; Modified date; or Visits
23. Server CheckSee #Check_Server
- It is now possible to set a different theme (and/or option) for admin pages to reduce the workload when creating custom themes and options
- Admin -> Look & Feel -> Theme -> Admin Theme
25. User WatchesThere is a new tab in the user watches preferences screen, which allows the user to request wether to receive email copies or the changes made by himself/herself to the different sections of the website. If you keep these options below unchcked, you will not receive a copy of you own changes.
See User Watches
26. Version checker
- Version checker has been revamped and now deals better with LTS versions:
27. Wiki syntax change for center
Finally, we found a new syntax for new namespaces feature :_: and center will stay the same.
28. Workspace UIThere an interface to manage the creation and editing of Workspaces, so that batch creation of sets of Tiki objects with custom groups and associated permissions can now be handled more easily.
See Workspace UI
Pages linking to Tiki1047 pages link to Tiki10
- Cookie Consent
- Maps General information
- Module facebook
- Permission Check
- Search within files
- Server Check
- System Configuration
- Workspace UI
- 권한 검사
- 빅블루버튼 (BigBlueButton?)
- 서버 검사
- 시스템 구성
- 엘파인더 (elFinder?)
- 요구 사항
- 작업공간 UI
AliasTiki10.0 | TikiWiki10 | TikiWiki10.0 | TikiWiki 10.0 | TikiWiki 10 | Tiki 10 | Tiki 10.0