This module shows a list of the real names of users who are logged in. If users are allowed to send messages to each other, then an icon appears next to each name that can be clicked to compose a message to that user (see Inter-User Messages regarding the messaging feature). Clicking on or mousing over the user name brings up information about the user as set up in User Preferences.
Below are a couple of screenshots:
Module with messaging enabled
Module with messaging disabled
The module can be placed in the left or right column through a simple admin interface - see Module Admin for how to do that.
This PluginModule code:
Produces on this site:
See these pages for information that applies for all modules:
- Module--Overall introduction and overview
- Module Admin--Introduction to the module admin pages for site-wide and individual module settings
- Index of Modules--Links to the documentation of individual modules
- User Modules--how (if the feature is active) users can choose and place their modules
- Mods Type Modules--links to modules that are installed as components
- See Module who_is_there for a similar module